Options

What is this wire ?

Hello everyone, just got a new 2016 260 EC and going over the entire boat once we got it home I found this wire, it's 2-wire, (black and red)  Port side, below the batteries,  comes out of the large trunk of wires, .? I've spent 2 hours looking to see what it could clip into  and ........ nothing ?     thanks in advance for any info.    Got to close it up soon, snow is coming.

Comments

• Options
    bella-vitabella-vita Member Posts: 411 ✭✭✭
    Might go to something u don't have such as a generator,they are usually prewired for everything.
    2002 Rinker FV 342
  • Options
    Cableguy GregCableguy Greg Member Posts: 5,012 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Probably a washdown pump. Like bella-vita stated above, the boat had one wiring harness that has all of the options, but the boat might not have those options. It is cheaper for Rinker to put one loaded harness in verses one for each boat that is built. If I could see the wire colors, I might be able to identify the type of circuit that it is via the wiring standard.
    2008 280 Express Cruiser, 6.2MPI, B3, Pittsburgh, PA "Blue Ayes"
    Go Steelers!!!
  • Options
    Michael TMichael T Member Posts: 7,227 ✭✭✭✭✭
    ...it looks like a red and a black. BTW many car manufacturers harness-up their cars for most options. A few years back we took the side panel doors off a friend's suv , looked under the dash and hooked-up a pile of stuff had to add light bulbs to sockets etc. but....stuff was there.
  • Options
    sullymansullyman Member Posts: 5
    Probably Right all.  I checked everything to see if something didn't work, but all good.   Guess I can put her to bed..    Thanks everyone.
  • Options
    Handymans342Handymans342 Member Posts: 10,375 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Do the wires go to the ACC switch?
  • Options
    sullymansullyman Member Posts: 5
    Handyman, I don't know. the picture shows it coming out of the 2" trunk line where the battery cables are. Notice the "Blue stripe".  On another note, where in Cape Coral are you ?  We have a home there too.!  We are off Chiquita Blvd.  Wish we were there now ! Will be soon.
  • Options
    Handymans342Handymans342 Member Posts: 10,375 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Im very close. Del Prado. Let me know when you will be down!
  • Options
    StodgeStodge Member Posts: 2,738 ✭✭✭✭
    If you have an Acc. switch on the dash it could be that too.

2002 FV 342 on Lake St. Clair - Past Commodore SHC - Vessel Examiner USCGAUX

• Options
    MarkBMarkB Member Posts: 3,962 ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's likely for a pre-wired option.  All the Rinkers come with a complete wire harness for all options.  There's another one on starboard behind the waste tank.  That one I know works off one of the ACC switches as I used it for something. Check if the one you found is on an ACC switch.  Use a multimeter to see if you have 12V at the harness with the switches on and off.

Boat Name: King Kong

"Boat + Water = Fun"

• Options
    NavyCTRCNavyCTRC Member Posts: 303 ✭✭✭
    If  you are not going to use it, for goodness sakes seal it up!  Those connections could rust, get corroded years down the line!  The next owner, or maybe the one after that, will thank you one day!!
  • Options
    redlightningredlightning Member Posts: 284 ✭✭✭
    i had one like that between the motors and it was the swim light pig tail. 
    2011Sea Ray 450 Twin 8.2’s Bravo III Sterndrive
    2012 390 Sea Ray Twin 8.2’s Inboard - Sold
    2008 330 Express Cruiser - Sold