Options

A little boating in Cuba

2005 Rinker 270 FV Volvo Penta 5.7Gi

Comments

• Options
    BellevilleMXZBellevilleMXZ Member Posts: 732 ✭✭✭
    Just got back from a week in Cuba , and did a little "speed boat" trip/snorkeling so thought I'd post a few pics....nice to get out on a boat now that mines away for winter! Las Brujas marine
  • Options
    randy56randy56 Member Posts: 4,083 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Its allways good to get out on a boat. Nice trip. The Rinker in the second picture looks rough. 
    Boat Name : 

• Options
    raybo3raybo3 Administrator Posts: 5,459 admin
    Sweet pictures. Looks awesome there.
    2002 342 Fiesta Vee PC Point Of Pines YC Revere MA. popyc.org     raybo3@live.com
  • Options
    Michael TMichael T Member Posts: 7,227 ✭✭✭✭✭
    .....you guys will love Cuba..... been there at least 20 times since 1985.
  • Options
    Cableguy GregCableguy Greg Member Posts: 5,012 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Cuba is on my bucket list. If our Congress ever gets off its high and mighty horse and lifts the embargo, we will be able to go there, and get Cuban cigars here.
    2008 280 Express Cruiser, 6.2MPI, B3, Pittsburgh, PA "Blue Ayes"
    Go Steelers!!!
  • Options
    Cuba is on my bucket list. If our Congress ever gets off its high and mighty horse and lifts the embargo, we will be able to go there, and get Cuban cigars here.
    Brought home 50 cigars ;)
  • Options
    .......yeah and hey're good ones too. A few years ago in Varadero at the main cigar store they had the chief cigar "roller" from the parent factory. He rolled me a couple of Cohibas and Monte Christos!
  • Options
    rasburyrasbury Member Posts: 8,238 ✭✭✭✭✭
    once there is a crack in that wall, there will be no stopping the people of Cuba from joining the rest of the world.
  • Options
    Certainly soon the people of Cuba will be free to leave - move away or travel. Some will some won't. It is a very beautiful country. There has been a sub culture of capitalism as long as I have been going there (29 years) and it is spreading now under de-regulation by the Cuban government. One fact is that there has been a huge amount of inaccurate propaganda spread regarding this issue, I know as I travelled there while the BS was being spread. The people are very friendly, polite and seem to like everyone who is respectful. This time as Cuba opens-up I think there is enough foreign oversight to keep the mafia from destroying the country.
  • Options
    We saw quite a few differences since last there, 2 yrs ago, at the same resort. Attitude( workers and esp. Mgmt) seems more relaxed. Workers back then were very interested and offered many times to buy my S5 Samsung. Internet was poor and almost non existent, same with phone service. Now they all seem to have nice phones, and don't seem as restricted. Same with airport staff. There was a guy that flew on our flight, and was talking to a lot of workers over the week, taking orders for phones and electronics, and from conversations, he was known by them. There was a flight came in while we where at airport, looked to be locals, and we saw a lot of TVs and electronics coming in , in luggage. Saw none of this before. Just a more relaxed feel than 2 years age. So far didn't see any downside. (typed smoking a nice Partagas E #2 on my deck) :)  
  • Options
    TonyWalkerTonyWalker Member Posts: 744 ✭✭✭
    There will be a program about the self development of Cuban small business tonight on Fox, or is it CNBC.
  • Options
    TonyWalkerTonyWalker Member Posts: 744 ✭✭✭
    Tomorrow night, on CNBC