Options

1996 Rinker Captiva 232 CC

dwolfdwolf Member Posts: 157 ✭✭
 Anyone ever done a color change on the interior of the boat .  I took out the removable carpet and removed all the snaps and I'm laying traction mat in the floor and on the swim platform and on the bow and the tan stripes I am dying a light green and the red sections in the vinyl I am dying a dark green I'm doing all this to match the wrap I put on the outside.  This turned out to be a much bigger job than what I ever dreamed it would be it's a lot of work but I think it's gonna be worth it in the end I have a got it finished yet but I will post pictures of it when finished. Here are a few pictures of what the interior looks tight before I started and then the one with the green flooring is where I've just started replacing the flooring let me know what y'all think about it I'm also posting a picture  of the exterior so you can see why I chose the colors I did .

Comments

• Options
     My apologies my pictures posted in the wrong order the pictures with the red and tan sections in the seats and the Berber carpeting should've posted first that is where I started and then the others is what I'm meaning up with everything that's red will be dark green everything that's 10 will be light green  as well as the floors in the swim deck and on the bow are all going to be like me and it will be a carbon fiber section in the middle of the bow going from the hatch to the anchor locker . I would love to hear what y'all think about this I should have pictures posted by the end of the week of the finished product
  • Options
    Glassguy54Glassguy54 Member Posts: 588 ✭✭✭
    @dwolf, can you tell us what the flooring material is, where to get it and the cost?
  • Options
    Lake_BumLake_Bum Member Posts: 928 ✭✭✭✭
    Love that flooring. Curious as to material, and how stain resistant it is....
    2000 Captiva 232 
  • Options
    shawnmjr said:
    I think it will look great.  The wrap looks sweet and if you get the interior to match it will be a well done project
     Now I have an interior to match I just have to install it but I've got all the colors changed I think it looks pretty sweet The best part of this it only cost me around $300 to do all this myself that's replacing all the flooring in the boat and the walkways on both sides of the Bow going for the windshield to the front and the swim platform
  • Options
    Lake_Bum said:
     The flooring is waterproof it's made by Blacktip it is manufactured for Jet Ski traction mat so I'm going to say that it's probably pretty durable but I don't know about how stain resistant it is I would think that it since it's made for  Jetske's that it's probably pretty stain resistant but I don't know but it no more than a cost then if something was to happen to it it will be fairly easy to replace it's an expensive compared to regular boat flooring you buy this by the sheet and cut it to fit total cost to do the whole boat interior  which included  changing the color of the seats and all was only $300  I put texting Matt on the swim platform all the flooring on the main deck all the flooring in the cabin as well as the two walkways on each side of the bow  
  • Options
    Aguamenti_AdventureAguamenti_Adventure Member Posts: 10
    dwolf said:
    Lake_Bum said:
     The flooring is waterproof it's made by Blacktip it is manufactured for Jet Ski traction mat so I'm going to say that it's probably pretty durable but I don't know about how stain resistant it is I would think that it since it's made for  Jetske's that it's probably pretty stain resistant but I don't know but it no more than a cost then if something was to happen to it it will be fairly easy to replace it's an expensive compared to regular boat flooring you buy this by the sheet and cut it to fit total cost to do the whole boat interior  which included  changing the color of the seats and all was only $300  I put texting Matt on the swim platform all the flooring on the main deck all the flooring in the cabin as well as the two walkways on each side of the bow  

DWOLF - Thanks for the info, just go a roll of the matting in and am giving it a try to see if I want to do the whole floor.  Here is the test piece I did today. 

2002 Rinker Captiva 192

IG Aquamenti_Adventures

• Options
    ruggeroleruggerole Member Posts: 161 ✭✭

@dwolf what is the vinyl stain that you used? Looks like a factory job. Awsome. I have plain white captains chairs that I would like to accent.

• Options
    dwolf said:
    Lake_Bum said:

DWOLF - Thanks for the info, just go a roll of the matting in and am giving it a try to see if I want to do the whole floor.  Here is the test piece I did today. 
     Is that a dark gray it looks good