Options

Possible AC/Heater in 2012 310 ec

Hoping someone may know or has experienced similar issues in their 310. Took my boat up to Seattle this weekend and ran the heater for the first time since I aquired it earlier this summer. First off, it worked fantastic and heated the cabin quite well. Just a little bummed that the thermostat doesn't allow a setting lower than 65 because it does crank the heat. Anyway I digress, wife notice it was very wet on the starboard side of the forward berth (her side of the bed

Comments

• Options
    SeaHareSeaHare Member Posts: 189 ✭✭✭
    my forward berth on my 310 use to get wet too. it ended up being that the little port windows needed to be resealed
    01 FV 310, 5.7s carbed, B3s
  • Options
    rasburyrasbury Member Posts: 8,236 ✭✭✭✭✭
    It sounds like you may have a calibration problem with it- when we first got our boat and on the water in February which is the coldest weather we deal with here in Florida, the heat would just about cook us out and then when it got warmer, could not get the a/c to cool;. The controller is programmable with several functions and ambient temperature is one of them-why I have no clue but you have to tell it what temperature it is and then let it work from there- mine works fantastic now. With regard to the wetness, I would doubt that has anything to do with the A/C- I would guess even on your boat the inlet for the system is more midship than that much forward. You have a window leaking or perhaps a screw for the bow rail- water leaks are tuff to track down! Not sure how your anchor locker is set up, there is a drain for it that I've heard become clogged and I bet there is a lot more water than one would think on all that line when you bring it back in...just a thought! 
  • Options
    Tex68Tex68 Member Posts: 50 ✭✭
    @Rasbury thanks for your insight. Any idea on how to program the controller. I'll check out the railing and drain area for my anchor locker. It was closed earlier and I may not have gotten it unclogged which could explain the water forward. Any thoughts for the water aft in the mid berth area?  FYI I'm in the Pacific NW so we get a lot of rain this time of year. 
  • Options
    rasburyrasbury Member Posts: 8,236 ✭✭✭✭✭
    If you google owners manual for your brand in sure you will easily find it- I don't recall the exact steps but was very easy to do. Not familiar at all with your boat as my experience is with my 270 and 3 years cleaning up a boat that was poorly kept up with so had to learn a lot in a short amount if time! If you have water mid ship, is that draining down from the front? How long have you had it, a new problem ir new to you boat with a problem? Lots of threads on running down a leak. Fix the issue in the front and that might solve it! Good luck