Options

Shower bilge line

ok, here's a weird one:
something is jammed in my shower bilge line.  I think a rubber washer or gasket.  Anyone know the routing of the line on the inside. Looks like it runs under the shower and up.  Has anyone had to replace that line by chance?   How do I get at it?

Comments

• Options
    youstolemybeeryoustolemybeer Member Posts: 246 ✭✭✭
    Im not sure where your shower pump is located. But find it. Find the end of the tube that leads to the shower, take a shop vac and put it on the blow side and blow out the obstruction. I have a 95 265 and thought I had to replace that tube as well, thank fully it was just clogged with 20 years of sand and crud. WHen you find the pump, make sure you have a filter on the pump. BTW my pump is located under the sink in the bathroom
  • Options
    reneechris14reneechris14 Member Posts: 3,134 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Do what youstolemybeer said ,disconnected the pump and air pressure(shop vac or compressor) from the outside and blow back in.go easy so you don't  blow the hose apart.I agree on the 342 it goes up under the hole bathroom.maybe behind  the TP locker?
    2005 Rinker FV342  Pawcatuck river,Ct
  • Options
    raybo3raybo3 Administrator Posts: 5,459 admin
    If you are talking about the white hose that feeds the pump that hose is only about a foot and half long. Disconnect that pump and move it out of the way. Should be a fairly easy fix.........
    2002 342 Fiesta Vee PC Point Of Pines YC Revere MA. popyc.org     raybo3@live.com
  • Options
    reneechris14reneechris14 Member Posts: 3,134 ✭✭✭✭✭
    raybo3 I think his taking about the out(overboard)hose.checked mine today I think its behind the shower storage thing.
    2005 Rinker FV342  Pawcatuck river,Ct
  • Options
    raybo3 I think his taking about the out(overboard)hose.checked mine today I think its behind the shower storage thing.
    Yeah he was not to clear what hose is clogged. Another thing he can try is an electrical fish snake if its the discharge hose. Try running it in from the outside of the boat.

2002 342 Fiesta Vee PC Point Of Pines YC Revere MA. popyc.org     raybo3@live.com
  • Options
    Black_DiamondBlack_Diamond Member Posts: 5,439 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Watch snaking that tube. It is really flimsy stuff. I've had leaks pop up on that from the shower sump and bilge pumps. 

If you replace it, use smooth wall tubing. 

Past owner of a 2003 342FV
    PC BYC, Holland, MI
  • Options
    almtm3almtm3 Member Posts: 22
    Thanks guys. Yeah. I wasn't specific. Was talking about the line from the sumo to the overboard discharge. 

The electrical fish fish tape is a great idea.  
  • Options
    StodgeStodge Member Posts: 2,738 ✭✭✭✭
    I replaced mine in the 342.  I had to remove the shower shelf.  The thru-hull is behind that.  Then it was a matter of snaking the new line from the sump under the mid-berth to the thru-hull.  It was a 2 person job. 

2002 FV 342 on Lake St. Clair - Past Commodore SHC - Vessel Examiner USCGAUX

• Options
    ugg.  that is what I was afraid of.  thanks stodge
  • Options
    If your replacing your old hose why not use the old hose as a snake?
  • Options
    well, removing the shower shelf and toilet paper locker weren't that bad!  got the line clean and figured out why my frig wasn't working on AC (it was unplugged!)  

Looks like I'll be testing the Law of Inanimate Reproduction (if you take something apart and put it back together enough times, eventually you will have two.)
  • Options
    Handymans342Handymans342 Member Posts: 10,375 ✭✭✭✭✭
    almtm3 said:
    well, removing the shower shelf and toilet paper locker weren't that bad!  got the line clean and figured out why my frig wasn't working on AC (it was unplugged!)  

Looks like I'll be testing the Law of Inanimate Reproduction (if you take something apart and put it back together enough times, eventually you will have two.)
    Where is Passage Key?
  • Options
    https://goo.gl/maps/FKzQWviGMd72

(I'm actually in the Inlets on manatee river. but that's not nearly as cool as saying I hail from passage key.)