Options

water leak somewhere

2»

Answers

• Options
    BellevilleMXZBellevilleMXZ Member Posts: 732 ✭✭✭
    edited April 2017
    Check your hot water heater if u have one..... I chased a leak, and it was a corroded hot water heater.......water is clean so was running out of the heater, and running along the hose, and down into the bilge.....was VERY hard to see.....I chased it most of the year. I bet something like that if it doesn't leak while sitting overnight.....bellows , throughhulls etc should leak all all the time
    2005 Rinker 270 FV Volvo Penta 5.7Gi
  • Options
    rasburyrasbury Member Posts: 8,260 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well, it is mot coming from running up over the swim plat form. I do notice that the flywheel may be wet are there are some water droplet on a lower hose so I guess I need to check some clamps....there is no coolant and is fresh water I will look at the water pump and all hoses. The upper deck for the water heater and holding tanks are all dry.
  • Options
    edited April 2017
    Well...so....sat in a slip last night, bilge pump came on after arrival so I thought this would be a good test, not running and sitting in the water. Pump came on later that evening and again this am. Not sure why I saw a wet flywheel and droplets on a lower hose- maybe slushing around and the belt picked up some water. Only other water source would be from the a/c running but don't think it would generate that much water. Might take a jug with me and if I can stick the end of the hose in it, resolve that question...anyway, if I am leaking around the bellows area should I be able to feel or see it? I think it was black that suggested it could be the drain plug leaking and I should pull it and re seal it. Don't suppose it would leak around the plug it self? If I have a bad hose or hose clamp, sitting in the water could the water siphon out? Just have the foot off and the bellows looked at, hard to believe its that. Should I have tape around the drain plug?
  • Options
    I do not see any screw tips of screws from the trim tabs coming through...
  • Options
    So, sat at the slip for a second night and did not hear the bump go on...m bilge pump has only been coming on via the float and not the switch (another thread on that issue). So, planning our day today and certainly what is going on below will determine. So, I make my coffee and I'm dreading opening the hatch. I expect the pump has stopped working the water level to be half up the motor- crack it open and no water. I'm going to have the admiral pilot while the motor has some load on it see if I can see anything. I'm starting to think that handy is driving over here with a 5 gallon bucket and pouring it in the vents while I'm not looking....is there something in that transom that would only leak while underway?
  • Options
    I would think under power the water would be pulled away from re transom...i recall years ago in a ski boat pulling the plug underway to drain the boat..