Options

Hi has anybody fitted a bow thruster to a 282 captiva cuddy ?

maxmax Member Posts: 6
anybody fitted a bow thruster to 282 and were there notable handling benefit's  

Answers

• Options
    randy56randy56 Member Posts: 4,083 ✭✭✭✭✭
  • Options
    Thanks for your thoughts, mooring is challenging with 4knots river current and wind on the river Hamble and not much space etc light hull no wonder my stress levels rise, that's why I'm thinking of bow thruster shall let you know results if I go ahead Ta Max.... 

• Options
    J3ffJ3ff Member Posts: 4,060 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Have a could cold ones first..takes the edge off ;)
  • Options
    bazzabazza Member Posts: 56 ✭✭
    Hello Max
    I have just fitted a Side Power EB40 90 degree internal bow thruster to my 2010 280 EC, single engine.
    had a very good local glass man do the hole etc and I did the electrics. Boat moored in Pembrokeshire UK, to address foiling I have used standard antifouling paint and installed a twin ultrasonic hull system. Work was completed autumn this year. Any help in a cross wind or current when mooring, even if used only occasionally could save you money or embarrassment, I love it. Bazza
  • Options
    Thanks bazza  shall take advice and look at Side PowerEB40 Cheers Max
  • Options
    LaReaLaRea Member, Moderator Posts: 7,553 mod
    J3ff said:
    Have a could cold ones first..takes the edge off ;)
    Have you been reading Karl Welzein again?
  • Options
    ThellThell Member Posts: 37 ✭✭
    bazza said:
    Hello Max
    I have just fitted a Side Power EB40 90 degree internal bow thruster to my 2010 280 EC, single engine.
    had a very good local glass man do the hole etc and I did the electrics. Boat moored in Pembrokeshire UK, to address foiling I have used standard antifouling paint and installed a twin ultrasonic hull system. Work was completed autumn this year. Any help in a cross wind or current when mooring, even if used only occasionally could save you money or embarrassment, I love it. Bazza
    Hi Bazza, I have a 280 from 2009 with a Side power bow thruster. Mine was installed when I bought the boat and now I need to get to it, do you know how you get access to the bow thruster? Is it under the table mount in the cabin?
  • Options
    MiamiAGMiamiAG Member Posts: 210 ✭✭
    I installed the external thrusters and they work beautifully on a 290
    2013 290 ec - Volvo Penta D4/DP
  • Options
    Cableguy GregCableguy Greg Member Posts: 5,012 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thell said:
    bazza said:
    Hello Max
    Hi Bazza, I have a 280 from 2009 with a Side power bow thruster. Mine was installed when I bought the boat and now I need to get to it, do you know how you get access to the bow thruster? Is it under the table mount in the cabin?
    It has to be under the front V-Berth somewhere, or under the platform that the table sits on. 
    2008 280 Express Cruiser, 6.2MPI, B3, Pittsburgh, PA "Blue Ayes"
    Go Steelers!!!