Options

282 performance for water sports

NH232NH232 Member Posts: 4

Hi Forum,

I am a current 2005 232 owner (R2 with 350mag). Over the weekend a low hour 282 BR (2007 I believe, 375hp) has come up for sale and I am considering looking further into it. My kids are starting to get more into water sports and I wanted to seek out the forums opinion on the 282 for water sports..?? Our 232 is in good shape but has a few design features I wish were differnet (i.e. more usable port-a-potty area). The 282 would solve this but may be too large for sports. Am I better off sticking with the 232?

Thanks,

Steve

Comments

• Options
    Capt_SteveCapt_Steve Member Posts: 281 admin
    Hey Steve...I can't imagine there is anyone here would say that 282 is too big for watersports. Hope an actual owner can weigh in with their experience, but we've used boats that size many times for all sorts of watersports activities!
  • Options
    FamilyTrucksterFamilyTruckster Member Posts: 11 ✭✭
    We tube with our 282 BR all the time.  Haven't tried skiing/wakeboarding/kneeboarding, etc...
  • Options
    jnjmacaulayjnjmacaulay Member Posts: 3
    We just recently purchased a 282 Cuddy and the water sports are far better than our previous boat... Ours is a Cuddy not a BR, but I am very happy with it....the only thing is, I will be getting a slip as soon as one comes available...our waiting list is five years...I can not imagine lugging this beast around for that long!
  • Options
    dennydenny Member Posts: 1
    I have a 282 BR and have had no problems with a tube ,skies or knee board. Kids love the boat. The 282 does have a wider turning radius than my 192 BR though.Sold my 192 BR to my oldest son and he loves his Rinker also. You wont be sorry if you get the 282 BR , because the boat holds so many more people without being crowded, more storage too.
  • Options
    Michael TMichael T Member Posts: 7,227 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have owned two 232s and they were great. A friend had a 282 that I have slalom skied behind lots of times and it was great. It got me right up out of the water on one ski. The kids used it for tubing and wakeboarding. It has a stable ride yet if you go slow you can make a good wake for the kids. Plus there is a lot more room for everyone. MT
  • Options
    Mick_2006_282BRMick_2006_282BR Member Posts: 2
    I just bought a 2006 282BR with a 350 Magnum.  My son (21 yrs old) and his two buddies wanted to ski, wake board, and tube.  I had my doubts, but no problem at all!  It doesn't even throw a big wake like I thought it would!  I actually had to slow down my take off throttle, because I was ripping the handle out of their hands.  I was pretty shocked, I must say.  This boat has plenty of power, and pulls skiers as well as any 18 or 21 foot boat I ever skied behind 25 years ago... 25 years ago :smile: 
  • Options
    JoeStangJoeStang Member Posts: 1,116 ✭✭✭✭
    Dont say that, the "big motor" guys will tell you that the 350 Mag is way too small!

Kidding!

Kinda.
    2013 276 Cuddy ~ 350 MAG / B3
  • Options
    MarkBMarkB Member Posts: 3,962 ✭✭✭✭✭
    The 350 MAG is a beast. 

Boat Name: King Kong

"Boat + Water = Fun"

• Options
    JoeStangJoeStang Member Posts: 1,116 ✭✭✭✭
    Just went tubing today for the first time. Had TOO MUCH power for even two  riders at once and had to slow down to ~ 20mph for rider comfort. I was very impressed how it performed and didnt feel any need for more power. That was with a 1/2 tank gas, full water tank, 4 adults/2 kids, and a bunch of coolers and "stuff".

My 276 can hold a slow plane with full down tabs and drive all the way down to ~ 16mph, which is great for kids tubing and I'll bet wakeboarding. The wake is pretty impressive too. Did most of it in 3-6' of water and never even stirred up the bottom because it stays so nice & level with the trim tabs down, and it pops right up out of the water.

It can really make some nice tight turns and was a ton of fun. I never even touched the drive trim, just left it almost all the way down.
    2013 276 Cuddy ~ 350 MAG / B3