Options

Now here is a really dumb question..

rasburyrasbury Member Posts: 8,238 ✭✭✭✭✭
Looking at a 290 on line on youtube as I'm always checking out different boats and designs. I have a 270 that suits me just fine and if and when I get a bigger boat, it will be a BIGGER boat so unless the lottery comes along...anyway, when you look at the cabin of a 290 ( was not a Rinker ) bathroom was about the same, much nicer spread out galley and dining area on the port side.....aft cabin looked about the same. The bed in the front and have seen this on several boats looks like you would have to be a midget to sleep in it- have seen some in person and it does not appear there is anything to fold our or anything....what is the deal with these? My 270 has lots of sleeping and stretching out going on by comparison, what am I missing?

Best Answers

Answers

• Options
    Handymans342Handymans342 Member Posts: 10,375 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Plus you can't trailer a 290
  • Options
    Handymans342Handymans342 Member Posts: 10,375 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Plus you can't trailer a 290
    You can trailer the Rinker 290EC. It is the same width as the 270, 9'1" beam.
    I hear ya greg, but I wouldnt want to fight that boat on a ramp
  • Options
    I suppose your right but twins correct? Would need a bigger truck for sure with that. I like the 270 for what I do and can almost afford!
  • Options
    Cableguy GregCableguy Greg Member Posts: 5,012 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2016
    @rasbury, the Rinker 290EX is a single engine like your 270. The 290EX is the new model of the 280EC just like the 280EC is the new model of the 270. The early 2000's 290FV had twins and had a 10'6" beam. I wouldn't want to deal with that on a ramp.

My 280EC isn't bad at all at the ramp, then again, I only have it at the ramp twice a year, spring and fall.
    Post edited by Cableguy Greg on
    2008 280 Express Cruiser, 6.2MPI, B3, Pittsburgh, PA "Blue Ayes"
    Go Steelers!!!
  • Options
    laureniac1laureniac1 Member Posts: 253 ✭✭✭
    270 v berth has a nice big mattress. My friend has a 310 and the berth is slanted and smaller than my 270 mattress. Lots of bigger boats don't have a true v berth. Most have that slanted mattress. I guesss people like to stand around more in bigger boats lol
  • Options
    I am now pretty comfortable with mine at the ramp. If I go to salt water, I do plan around the tides as the ramps are pretty slimy when the tide is low. Some of the intercostal areas don't have much of a tidal swing, on the east coast. West coast will have up to a couple of feet. Around the jetties on the east coast will have some, more water in the"river" than jetties to let it in or out.