Options

which bilge pump

floater212floater212 Confirm Email, Member Posts: 121 ✭✭
just wondering if there's a place I can ask and find out which bilge pump came on the boat originally? It does work but not so much on the float (seems to get fuller than I recall) and was thinking of replacing it for a new one.

Comments

• Options
    randy56randy56 Member Posts: 4,083 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Mine were rule, brand, and they are highly recommended if you have to replace it.
    Boat Name : 

• Options
    TonyWalkerTonyWalker Member Posts: 744 ✭✭✭
    Something I did re bilge pumps.  I installed a second one in the engine room slightly higher than the factory one.  That gives more than 2x dewatering ability than before.  Also have a bag of tapered dowel plugs of various sizes in there, also available at West Marine.
  • Options
    howardramshowardrams Member Posts: 223 ✭✭✭
    Bilge pumps and float switches are generic, so Rinker will often use different brands even in the same model year.  My 2014 uses "Rule" with separate "Rule-a-matic" float switches.
  • Options
    floater212floater212 Confirm Email, Member Posts: 121 ✭✭
    thanks guys, now I was hoping it would be written in stone, I can barely see it under the motor so I guess i'll have to wait until it gets warmer and remove the batteries and the big container that I keep the lifejackets in and what ever just to get in there and see for sure what i'll need. get ready for the "stand on head mechanic" show.