Options

2001 Rinker 340FV bolster helm seat modification

I love my 2001 340 FV, but the lack of a bolster helm seat drives me crazy.  I am not having much luck finding a replacement helm seat that will work, so I was wondering if anyone has come up with any creative ideas on how to add this feature?

Comments

• Options
    dwolfdwolf Member Posts: 157 ✭✭
    I love my 2001 340 FV, but the lack of a bolster helm seat drives me crazy.  I am not having much luck finding a replacement helm seat that will work, so I was wondering if anyone has come up with any creative ideas on how to add this feature?
    myself and seabum both had same problem. w2e both added a post with holes that made seat height adjustable. ill see if i can find the link to an ebay page showing what im talking about.
  • Options
    try this,myself and lake bum went this route. u can find this on ebay,ill see if i can find link
  • Options
    dwolf said:
    try this,myself and lake bum went this route. u can find this on ebay,ill see if i can find link. fhttps://www.amazon.com/Wise-8WP21-18S-Adjustable-Boat-Pedestal/dp/B001603LD6/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1484107970&sr=8-1&keywords=adjustable+pedestal+boat+seatound it,

• Options
    Lake_BumLake_Bum Member Posts: 930 ✭✭✭✭
    Those pictures above are from my install ^^^.  Another route that I considered was complete replacement of my seats, to bolsters on both. For my boat, a 2000 Captiva 232, I couldn't find factory replacements with bolsters, they just didn't make them.  But I found these seats on ebay at a very reasonable price. I had them mail me samples so I could compare colors.  The blue/white was pretty darn close to mine!  They also have grey/white and red/white.  In the end, I took measurements, and the added length of the bolster, was going to make the seat too long to fit, and still have the ability to rotate the seat, and have leg room with the steering wheel both. Here they are.....

http://www.ebay.com/itm/181762502738?_trksid=p2060353.m1438.l2649&ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:IT
    2000 Captiva 232