Options

What brand/model windlass on 2006 300EC?

Picture of windlass in my boat shown below.

This is power down and power up unit and has no hull mounted foot controls (bummer).

My issue is when pulling in the line it binds up at opening into anchor locker. Upon closer examination I noticed the notches in wheels (gypsy?) are marked up some and suspecting this may be "holding" onto the line for too long causing the problem. The previous owner had replaced the line (approx. 150') prior to my purchase and there is no fraying or noticeable damage to entire length of line. It appears to be the correct 3-strand as I have seen in other posts.

This causes quite a production with the admiral on the helm and me guiding her at the bow. The foot controls would help a lot. I want to attempt a fix to this before I give up and purchase a newer model if parts are available to help in my dilemma. Hopefully before I lose any digits this next season...

Was wondering if others have experienced similar issues and what the fix might be (new wheels?). I have obtained a simpson-lawrence Horizon 600/900 manual with parts list. Mine does not appear to be this brand/model as it does not have the port side protrusion as is shown on their manual.

Can anyone offer me any guidance and/or have the manual for this unit? thanks in advance...

Comments