Options

Rug Backing Repair

rmrstlmormrstlmo Member Posts: 222 ✭✭✭
Just bought my 340 and needed to get another year or two out of the rugs. The rugs aren't in too bad of shape except the backing was falling apart. FiberLok is a great product for sealing the backing. No more tiny specs of black backing coming off.

Ray

2006 390

Previous 2000 340

Comments

• Options
    Black_DiamondBlack_Diamond Member Posts: 5,439 ✭✭✭✭✭
    A few people have done similar and squeezed a bit more life out of it. When you replace it, get the carpet with the grey backing, much better stuff.

Past owner of a 2003 342FV
    PC BYC, Holland, MI
  • Options
    BabyboomerBabyboomer Member Posts: 918 mod
    Get no backing and it dries very fast no more wet carpet on Sunday evening

Slip 866 Sunset Marina Byrdstown Tn
  • Options
    ericdataericdata Member Posts: 38
    I just pulled mine and guess what, black dust.  Wheres the best plave to buy replacements? 
  • Options
    WeberWeber Member Posts: 249 ✭✭✭
    Homedepot sells some nice indoor outdoor carpet, I bought some of that and used the original carpets abs a templet. By some snaps, and you are good to go for less than $50.
    Sin or Swim - Rinker 312
  • Options
    trich11trich11 Member Posts: 108 ✭✭✭

We used snapincarpet.com for new carpets. They have the templates for most models and the quality is fantastic. Like Black Diamond said, get the gray backing.

• Options
    ithacarinkithacarink Member Posts: 34 ✭✭
    So boomer's comment makes sense to me. Why do we need backing on the cockpit carpets? Seems like the benefit of quicker drying would be handy.
  • Options
    BoatAwayBoatAway Member Posts: 179 ✭✭✭

i heard about and used this stuff called "plasti dip" and I didn't like it. Did the liquid from a can in the spots where the backing was gone and then several layers of the spray over the whole thing. Didn't last long and started peeling off. I'll try this stuff next or just get new carpet next...

thought y'all could benefit from my experience.