Options

Anyone hit the Toronto boat show?

Wife and I went on sat. , good show.....VERY crowded.......HUGE amount of pontoon and wakeboard boats though, 0 interest in them. It was nice to see the Rinkers, even though the 350/370 they had(can't remember size.....to many boats!) was blocked off as it was sold. I was not impressed with the 270, they should have stayed with the wide beam......waaaaay more cramped than mine. The 320(?) was VERY nice. I sure don't see where the extra cost is , in a Searay compared to Rinker. Geez can't believe I can't remember what sizes were there, other than the 270

Picked up a great deal on a Kuuma BBQ and mount, will be nice to have that this summer. I'm REALLY going to try going during the week next time, too many people.

2005 Rinker 270 FV Volvo Penta 5.7Gi

Comments

• Options
    J3ffJ3ff Member Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭✭✭

Wife and I went on sat. , good show.....VERY crowded.......HUGE amount of pontoon and wakeboard boats though, 0 interest in them. It was nice to see the Rinkers, even though the 350/370 they had(can't remember size.....to many boats!) was blocked off as it was sold. I was not impressed with the 270, they should have stayed with the wide beam......waaaaay more cramped than mine. The 320(?) was VERY nice. I sure don't see where the extra cost is , in a Searay compared to Rinker. Geez can't believe I can't remember what sizes were there, other than the 270

Picked up a great deal on a Kuuma BBQ and mount, will be nice to have that this summer. I'm REALLY going to try going during the week next time, too many people.

I don't get why the 30 foot or less boat design has gone back to 8.5/8 feet either.. it's crazy... 28 ft 10 ft wide sea ray was king!
  • Options
    BellevilleMXZBellevilleMXZ Member Posts: 732 ✭✭✭
    Yeah, I can't believe how different the 2, 270s are......would never buy a new one.
  • Options
    rasburyrasbury Member Posts: 8,238 ✭✭✭✭✭
    maybe it's a trailering issue with the 9' plus beams for what most folks wanted to deal with? I'm sure there is  good reason...I was sold on our 270 for the beam and the head room and the spacious design of the helm area over the other brands. Still think it is one of the best layouts in a 27' boat, mine being an 05.
  • Options
    BellevilleMXZBellevilleMXZ Member Posts: 732 ✭✭✭
    rasbury said:
    maybe it's a trailering issue with the 9' plus beams for what most folks wanted to deal with? I'm sure there is  good reason...I was sold on our 270 for the beam and the head room and the spacious design of the helm area over the other brands. Still think it is one of the best layouts in a 27' boat, mine being an 05.

Yes must be for towing......really ruined a great boat in my opinion. That's the main reason I bought a Rinker.

• Options
    MarkBMarkB Member Posts: 3,962 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Are they offering the 260EC ... if they are, what's the point of even making the 270, if the beam is the same?  You may as well just go for a 290 for wider beam, or even better a 310 for something that is comfortable.

Boat Name: King Kong

"Boat + Water = Fun"