deck drainage

have a 266 and the foreward deck drainage goes straight into the bilge, is this correct or can I move it to run out the side next to the shower and sink outlets?

Best Answer

Answers

• StodgeStodge Member Posts: 2,738 ✭✭✭✭
    When you say forward deck drainage, do you mean the cockpit?  To me the forward deck is up front where the hatches are and any water up there would just roll off the sides of the boat.

2002 FV 342 on Lake St. Clair - Past Commodore SHC - Vessel Examiner USCGAUX

• Cableguy GregCableguy Greg Member Posts: 5,011 ✭✭✭✭✭
    My forward drain in the cockpit runs out the side of my 280 verses into the bilge. Mine are next to the sink, shower and A/C drains. The less water in the bilge, the better.
    2008 280 Express Cruiser, 6.2MPI, B3, Pittsburgh, PA "Blue Ayes"
    Go Steelers!!!
  • 4larry4larry Member Posts: 2

thanks guys, yes it is the cockpit drainage. it simply has a pipe that ends just above the bilge pump. I thought it should run out the side too. I will deal with it. thanks again.

• StodgeStodge Member Posts: 2,738 ✭✭✭✭
    I had a drain in the "step down" before the cabin door on our 280 which drained into the bilge.  On the 342 there are drains in the back that go overboard, not into the bilge.  

2002 FV 342 on Lake St. Clair - Past Commodore SHC - Vessel Examiner USCGAUX