Options

270 owners with seadek post your pictures!!

J3ffJ3ff Member Posts: 4,060 ✭✭✭✭✭
Looking for any color/material combinations of seadek on a 270, competitor products too!  

Comments

• Options
    randy56randy56 Member Posts: 4,083 ✭✭✭✭✭
    @J3ff, have you looked in Rinker cu tom projects, there are some there.
    Boat Name : 

• Options
    didn't see any 270 owners in there...with seadek
  • Options
    Now that I had time to think about it, I cannot remember anyone doing the cockpit, only swim platform. Here is mine. Because I've ask if anyone had temp let drawing's a couple times.

Boat Name : 

• Options
    JonnyMJonnyM Member Posts: 302 ✭✭✭

I have the swim platform EVA foam that I bought from Jmichaels and I am installing it in the spring.  I will take pictures when I do it.  @randy56 did you  experience any issues installing yours?  Is there anything to look out for?

I'd like to do the cockpit but only if someone already had the CAD files or drawings.

"Mosi on Dahn"  2003 Fiesta Vee 270
  • Options
    edited January 2017
    It easy to install, I did have to cut (trim) a little here and there, platform must be clean, clean with acetone,  lay it out first to check, then mark with a pencil on edges, where you want it located. After you pull the paper from the sticky, you only have one chance. So only pull one half off at a time, stick it where you want it, aline with your pencil marks. then from underneath pull the rest of the paper. Its kinda like putting on a decal. Or lettering, just bigger. before installing go to the seadeck site and read installation instructions. It helps.
    I would do the cockpit also if I had the drawings.
    Post edited by randy56 on
    Boat Name : 

• Options
    How much did it run you and where can I get some? :) Really want it, but in Gray - also want to do the steps up to the bow.. 
  • Options
    Nevermind randy, just saw it was 175 for you.. that's awesome. Would love to order the same! 
  • Options
    Ok, here is the temp let (attached).  Double check measurements It's for a 2002. they have many colors. If she ask if you want a sample I can send you one similar to see what it looks like, It's a darker color than what I used, she charges to send you a sample,  Pm your address.
    Reminder: to tell her you want the 3m sticky, on the back.
    E-mail address helen@melors.com
    LOL I had to go back to my e-mail, to find her address, there were a total of 60 back and forth. 
    Boat Name : 

• Options
    JonnyMJonnyM Member Posts: 302 ✭✭✭
    Just a heads up/reminder 2003 is when Rinker changed the platform design.  My boat is a 2003 but was built in 2002 and has the older lower style platform that this template is designed for.  The newer platforms are slightly different and won't match up to the above template.
    "Mosi on Dahn"  2003 Fiesta Vee 270
  • Options
    jme097jme097 Member Posts: 1,224 ✭✭✭
    I did my 280 last spring. I love it. Was so happy to throw away the snap in carpeting. 
    Boat Name: Knot A Worry
    2007 280 Rinker Express 6.2L B3
  • Options
    Cableguy GregCableguy Greg Member Posts: 5,012 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2017
    @jme097, where did you get yours from? Do they still have the templates? Did they send you the PDF of the template? I wouldn't mind getting my swim platform done and where the walk thru is at. BTW, it looks awesome!
    2008 280 Express Cruiser, 6.2MPI, B3, Pittsburgh, PA "Blue Ayes"
    Go Steelers!!!
  • Options
    @Cableguy Greg  Yup they already had a template on hand. I wish I would've looked it over more in depth. There are two spots on the swim platform that I would of fixed but other than that, I am happy with it. The piece that runs from the swim platform to the engine hatch was cut wrong but other than that it was good. The material itself is pretty easy to manipulate and work with
  • Options
    Cableguy GregCableguy Greg Member Posts: 5,012 ✭✭✭✭✭
    @jme097, is yours SeaDek or MarineMat?
    2008 280 Express Cruiser, 6.2MPI, B3, Pittsburgh, PA "Blue Ayes"
    Go Steelers!!!
  • Options
    rasburyrasbury Member Posts: 8,242 ✭✭✭✭✭
    wow, have not been on a 280, big difference from our 270!
  • Options
    @Cableguy Greg Seadek. 

@rasbury huge different between them. Namely the molded swim platform. Is the 270 bolt on?
  • Options
    rasburyrasbury Member Posts: 8,242 ✭✭✭✭✭
    @jme097, yest it is bolt on so the boat itself I believe is 27 plus the swim...there is more room in the helm as it only has the rear seat and the side seat so there is more "foot" room in the helm and passenger area which I honestly like but that is a pretty boat!
  • Options
    BellevilleMXZBellevilleMXZ Member Posts: 732 ✭✭✭
    jme097 said:
    @Cableguy Greg  Yup they already had a template on hand. I wish I would've looked it over more in depth. There are two spots on the swim platform that I would of fixed but other than that, I am happy with it. The piece that runs from the swim platform to the engine hatch was cut wrong but other than that it was good. The material itself is pretty easy to manipulate and work with
    Very nice who is this from?
    2005 Rinker 270 FV Volvo Penta 5.7Gi
  • Options
    @BellevilleMXZ contact Seadek directly. You can either call them or email with them. I did my whole ordering process and communication via email. They answer pretty quickly which is nice
  • Options
    BellevilleMXZBellevilleMXZ Member Posts: 732 ✭✭✭
    jme097 said:
    @BellevilleMXZ contact Seadek directly. You can either call them or email with them. I did my whole ordering process and communication via email. They answer pretty quickly which is nice
    Thanks! What was cost if u don't mind me asking?
    2005 Rinker 270 FV Volvo Penta 5.7Gi
  • Options
    craigswardmtbcraigswardmtb Member Posts: 1,015 ✭✭✭
    Do the mfgs really reccomend acetone for the preclean? That seems too aggressive for my liking. 
  • Options
    Handymans342Handymans342 Member Posts: 10,375 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Acetone evaporates fast
  • Options
    Anyone have any 270 pictures? :)  
  • Options
    edited February 2017
    @craigswardmtb I scrubbed the heII out of my deck. I scrubbed it with soap and water. Then I scrubbed it again with 509 ammonia based. Then right before I installed it, I wiped it down with acetone. You have to have it perfect. I have read stories of it coming up after it going down from now being clean enough and that is a disaster to correct. 
  • Options
    I guess there's really no one with a 270 out there who's done it.. that's too bad :0( Not looking for any other model, just 270 please! 
  • Options
    diggin2day1diggin2day1 Member Posts: 1,326 ✭✭✭✭
    Only on my swim platform...
  • Options
    that looks great. I see three things about your rear I'm into ;)

1. The whole swim platform looks awesome.
    2. The grab handle.. I actually have the metal part, but I think my swim platform is higher so I'm not sure how to get one up there.
    3. The little step up on the stbd side of the boat... I have people constantly slipping and/or not realizing there's a step there. That solves this problem perfectly.. one of my friends said he wasn't going to come on my boat without putting a "step" sign there.. well I'm not putting a step sign on the boat..

• Options
    @J3ff Perhaps you could use your charm and wit, call seadeck and convenience them to send it to you. That was going to be my next move. 
    I've had people, including myself stumble on that tiny step, It did help the visual once I put the pad on there.
    Boat Name :