Options

Marine Mat - asking for advice on use and wear and tear of rear platform marine mats

I am considering the purchase from Rinker the tan marine mat for my 2014 Captiva 232 BR for the swim platform on the back.  I need insight from you good owners on the matter of wear and tear.  My boat day to day conditions are as follows:  in the water for 5 months straight and with no cover on the back so in the sun all the time.

with that said, can you advise me on the following?

-does the mat sun fade over time?

-does the mat dry relatively fast after a rain shower?

-what do you do to clean this material if there is dirt?

-is the current material used by rinker good quality?

-I assume that the mat adheres to the platform permanently and is not normally removed?  please confirm.

-is there a third party company that provides this material and cut for your specific boat?  if so, who?

thanks for your assistance in this matter.

Best Answers

• Options
    DanishgodDanishgod Member Posts: 35 ✭✭
    Answer ✓

thanks for the feedback.  I am Danish heritage but form Canada.

the fact that these last only 5-7 years is a bit disappointing but it is what it is.  Have you had to replace your mats at all?

and if you did, did you buy them from Rinker directly or a third party?

thanks

• Options
    Answer ✓
    looks good.  I note that you sourced this from china - is there a place to order a specific mat for my boat?
  • Options
    Answer ✓

Answers

• Options
    Rinker now referred me to Marine Mat in Florida.  They are trying to source the specifications for the rear platform to give me a quote. Quite nice people on this phone - Jennifer.   I also met Kim Slocum at the Toronto Boat Show this past weekend - very decent guy.
  • Options
    bry1429bry1429 Member Posts: 371 ✭✭✭
    Danishgod said:
    Rinker now referred me to Marine Mat in Florida.  They are trying to source the specifications for the rear platform to give me a quote. Quite nice people on this phone - Jennifer.   I also met Kim Slocum at the Toronto Boat Show this past weekend - very decent guy.
    Hi Danishgod, could you please post Marine Mat's Phone Number? I Would like a quote from them. Their product looks and feels identical to seadek at a much lower price.
  • Options
    Handymans342Handymans342 Member Posts: 10,375 ✭✭✭✭✭
    You get what you pay for. 
  • Options

the number is 813 749 7112 and ask for jennifer in orders.  Very decent person.

marinemat.net

• Options
    bry1429bry1429 Member Posts: 371 ✭✭✭
    You get what you pay for.  

Marine mat is newer to the industry that's why their prices are lower. seadek has been the king of an Industry with very little competition for a while, now there's some competition you should see prices come down. HOPEFULLY see lower prices.
  • Options
    randy56randy56 Member Posts: 4,083 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I had a first hand look at the marine mat when taking the Rinker tour, high quility, good looking stuff. seemed very durable. 
    Boat Name : 

• Options
    craigswardmtbcraigswardmtb Member Posts: 1,015 ✭✭✭
    It's actually a bit thicker in the teak variety. They claim it's wear is minimal and is softer than Seadek. They use the same adhesive. I'm going with it. I just have to build the template. Handy do you have facts to back your claim? To me it's simply a new competitor giving a market share leader a run for their money. And entering the market at a compelling price point. It happens all the time. it doesn't mean quality is any less.