Options

Trim tabs or not

dwolfdwolf Member Posts: 157 ✭✭
 My 1996 Rinker  232  Captiva cuddy cabin with a 7.4 L and a bravo three outdrive with twin props does not have trim tabs how much would I benefit from trim tabs if I were to install them and if I were to install which ones would I need to get this is something I'm not familiar with .when I purchased my boat and had something I think they call a whale tail on the outdrive it was aluminum plate that went above the props which the force of the water just ripped it right off I'm lucky it didn't tear my props up it only knicked one prop slightly. I noticed when I had five people in the boat and while trying to get a skier up that it took while longer than I thought should, I would've thought the 7.4 L would've jerked him right out of the water but it was kind of slow getting hey 200 pounds skier up.my boat tops out at just under 60 mph, maybe it's got too much of a speed prop and it needs water power prop which I would hate to go that route because I'm sure that's gonna be really expensive the change of these props I'm hoping that trim tabs does the trick .

Comments