Options

Moderator"s

randy56randy56 Member Posts: 4,083 ✭✭✭✭✭
Having been on this forum for a little over a year, and still learning on how to use this great information. Why can we not have a tutorial on the left hand side of the page in discussions with a title, of (How to use this Forum). Or something like that.  When a new person is searching, for advise or help with a project. Many have been hashed out over and over. Great ideas and advise,  Lets make it easier in the future for that new guy.  He is hungry for information. 
All that agree rraise your right hand and say I
Boat Name : 

Comments

• Options
    raybo3raybo3 Administrator Posts: 5,459 admin
    randy56 said:
    Having been on this forum for a little over a year, and still learning on how to use this great information. Why can we not have a tutorial on the left hand side of the page in discussions with a title, of (How to use this Forum). Or something like that.  When a new person is searching, for advise or help with a project. Many have been hashed out over and over. Great ideas and advise,  Lets make it easier in the future for that new guy.  He is hungry for information. 
    All that agree rraise your right hand and say I
    Not exactly sure what you mean. There is a search engine on the forum but keep in mind we are moderators and not web designers. Rinker Boats pays Vanilla for the use of the site. 
    2002 342 Fiesta Vee PC Point Of Pines YC Revere MA. popyc.org     raybo3@live.com
  • Options
    Handymans342Handymans342 Member Posts: 10,375 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Only thing they can do is erase comments
  • Options
    Ray right above here it says Rinker Custom Projects. Have a heading How to best use this Forum. Cable, and others, will teach guys how to best navigate to find answers, and use the forum properly. See you already know how but the new one's have to go through a long learning curve. Just as you see J3ff does not know how, great example, and he has been on here for awhile.
    Boat Name : 

• Options
    reneechris14reneechris14 Member Posts: 3,134 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I been on here for 18 months and don't know how to make my discussion as answered,I'm just on a long learning curve.I just fumble though and learn a bunch of stuff about boats.
    2005 Rinker FV342  Pawcatuck river,Ct
  • Options
    shawnmjr said:
    I been on here for 18 months and don't know how to make my discussion as answered,I'm just on a long learning curve.I just fumble though and learn a bunch of stuff about boats.
    I believe the moderators have to label them as answered. I think you can message them to label them as answered. 
    After the poster asks a question and it gets an answer the original poster get asked, does this answer your question? The original poster has to click on yes or no not the moderator. 
    2002 342 Fiesta Vee PC Point Of Pines YC Revere MA. popyc.org     raybo3@live.com
  • Options
    Humm ok never have been asked, maybe because I do most from my phone??
  • Options
    Humm ok never have been asked, maybe because I do most from my phone??
    Humm  maybe but it should be bottom left once you read a response.  Many members have answered "yes". I have never "answered " to a members question. 
  • Options
    Dream_InnDream_Inn Member, Moderator Posts: 7,558 mod

Great ideas Randy, but as Raybo said, not much that we can do except maybe forward the info to see if they can change it for us.

Renee, it wouldn't surprise me if it's because you're on the phone.  I notice quite a few differences on the phone compared to the computer.

Dream 'Inn III -- 2008 400 Express

• Options
    Can you guys email Vanilla?
  • Options
    rasburyrasbury Member Posts: 8,238 ✭✭✭✭✭
    not sure I'm getting it...you can do a search up above and then you can search the archives but that is separate- never really had an issue....I certainly can be busted out for asking questions without doing the search however. You could add some of these tips into the faq's subject line that is already at the top of the page...it is not a very complicated site. I understand if you start a discussion, there will never be an answer to it- only if you start it as a question. Maybe I'm missing something...
  • Options
    Oh ras you so smart.yes I started as a discussion  :# 
  • Options
    @Dream_Inn Just trying to help the newer forum member's get the best of this forum. How did those categories get over on the left hand side of the page? Someone had to put them there. We just added Rinker custom projects not to long ago. 
    @Cableguy Greg has agreed to help in the set up, and writing instructions, they are simple to us if you have been on here for awhile or already have internet forum experience.
    Here's a beginning list of questions, There are many more, not sure what order they should be in, but you get the idea.

What's a PM?
    How do I send a PM?
    How do I do A search?
    How do I mark my post answered?
    How do I edit my post? (i just learned how about a week ago)
    How do I add picture to my post? 

Maybe even have contacts. FAQ
    Rinker  1-800-buy a boat
    Where is the serial number on my boat? outdrive ? engine?
    Parts? Yes, I know we probably should not recommend any one vender, but we could have more than one source.  
    When does boating season start? LOL just kidding 

Boat Name : 

• Options
    I could have showed you all that at my house Randy
  • Options
    Dream_InnDream_Inn Member, Moderator Posts: 7,558 mod
    Anything with general posting would be under vanilla forums.  There is even stuff on u-tube for how-to's on vanilla forums.  As far as adding custom projects, it was not something the moderators were able to do.  We had to get the admin to do that.

Dream 'Inn III -- 2008 400 Express

• Options
    edited February 2017
    Thanks, I'll have to come back someday, Next time, I'll be studying real estate, value's,locations, and price's. 

Getting it figured out. I'm not the issue, It's the newer and newest guy's that we should be wanting to help. We will have a look at vanilla u-tube
    Post edited by randy56 on
    Boat Name : 

• Options
    randy56 said:
    Thanks, I'll have to come back someday, Next time, I'll be studying real estate, value's,locations, and price's. 

Getting it figured out. I'm not the issue, It's the newer and newest guy's that we should be wanting to help. We will have a look at vanilla u-tube

My house has already increased 75 K