Options

232 owners, where do you store your small table, and filler cushions for the rear bed?

Lake_BumLake_Bum Member Posts: 930 ✭✭✭✭
The table isn't really all that bulky, but the filler cushions for the rear bed, or I guess it would be for sunpad seating technically.....those cushions are HUGE!  Looking for ideas on where to store them......Thanks!  B)
2000 Captiva 232 

Comments

• Options
    Cableguy GregCableguy Greg Member Posts: 5,012 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2017
    I stored my table in the engine room between the storage bin and the back seat. When I had the filler cushions on the boat, I would strap them to the shelves on each side of the V berth. They became a PITA, so I took them off the boat all together. They only got used 2 or 3 times. The 232cc that I had was a 1998 and it had the "U" shaped seating in the rear with no walk thru. Yours might be different.
    2008 280 Express Cruiser, 6.2MPI, B3, Pittsburgh, PA "Blue Ayes"
    Go Steelers!!!
  • Options
    We sleep on our boats alot, so I'll have to find somewhere acceptable to store the cushions.  They actually fit up in the side shelves in the cuddy, but I won't have room for much else in there, plus that's a ton of weight for the waves pounding over time..... I'll check out the engine room storage, and maybe make a bungee to snug the table from any movement. Mine also has the U shape bench seating, no walk thru.  I think they started that about 2003 or so? 
    2000 Captiva 232 
  • Options
    DmcpheeDmcphee Member Posts: 11
    Do you guys have pictures of the cushions your talking about? I have a 98 232 but I don't think I got them with the boat.  I am assuming they fill in the seating area? 
  • Options
    Dmcphee said:
    Do you guys have pictures of the cushions your talking about? I have a 98 232 but I don't think I got them with the boat.  I am assuming they fill in the seating area? 
    I don't have any pics handy, but you'd know if you had them. They are huge, and yes they're used to fill the rear seat for a sunpad or bed. Bulky to store, but I know I'll use them every trip! 
    2000 Captiva 232 
  • Options
    qwikwhipqwikwhip Member Posts: 63 ✭✭
    I don't have the filler cushions you're talking about so I can't help you there, but I do have the table. This was what I did with mine. Made up a couple brackets that the table slides into. Works perfectly! 
    2005 Captiva 232 Liberty Edition, MX6.2/B3, Corsa
  • Options
    Qwik, that is genius! Thanks for posting  B)
    2000 Captiva 232 
  • Options
    Cableguy GregCableguy Greg Member Posts: 5,012 ✭✭✭✭✭
    qwikwhip said:
    I don't have the filler cushions you're talking about so I can't help you there, but I do have the table. This was what I did with mine. Made up a couple brackets that the table slides into. Works perfectly! 
    Where were you when I owned a 232. That is perfect!!!
    2008 280 Express Cruiser, 6.2MPI, B3, Pittsburgh, PA "Blue Ayes"
    Go Steelers!!!
  • Options
    @qwikwhip these are filler cushions. They make a great bed, topside! But are a pain to store...second without them, for reference...
    2000 Captiva 232 
  • Options
    qwikwhipqwikwhip Member Posts: 63 ✭✭
    Lake_Bum said:
    @qwikwhip these are filler cushions. They make a great bed, topside! But are a pain to store...second without them, for reference...
    That's pretty sweet. But mines an 05 with the walk thru transom and sink. I don't think that's even an option on mine. lol
    2005 Captiva 232 Liberty Edition, MX6.2/B3, Corsa