Options

Started woven vinyl cockpit and swim platform project

Liberty44140Liberty44140 Member Posts: 4,329 ✭✭✭✭✭
using both the old carpet and templates I made last fall I went to the boat today and did the final trimming. This is the infinity woven vinyl I've mentioned in other posts. All will be snapped down. Next step is to bind all of the edges. Really happy with how it is looking:

07' Cruisers 390 (Previous Rinker's: 06' 342EC & 01' 310FV)

Comments

• Options
    reneechris14reneechris14 Member Posts: 3,134 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Love the look that's assome.are you just going to snap over the the latter on the swim platform from.how about $$ and time??
    2005 Rinker FV342  Pawcatuck river,Ct
  • Options
    edited February 2017
    The material was $220 as I bought leftovers from a guy online (full retail was $1200). I'll also have another $30-40 in binding and snaps. I think all in I will have 8 or 9 hours in to the project when done. Yes, if you look at the platform there is 2 pieces. The main piece is about 8' long and then over the ladder area is another piece that is over 2' long. We did that on purpose so that it's easy to lift up to deploy the ladder. I have a hinged door over my ladder. I took this while templating:

• Options
    J3ffJ3ff Member Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just added "cup holders for people standing on swim platform" to my list after seeing those on yours.  I wish I had a swim platform with cleats in it like you do! 
  • Options
    @J3ff the cleats aren't thought enough to tie off boat.but good for toys or dink.
  • Options
    The cup holders were there when I bought it, yea they are nice for when we are cocktailing on the platform. Right, those platform cleats are for dinghy, paddle boards, raft, small day stuff. I'm glad to have them as we end up with a bunch of crap tied off. 

• Options
    J3ffJ3ff Member Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yeah, that's exactly what I was thinking about for them... might have to figure out some other solution... would be neat to put something under the swim platform that could hook up easily, maybe a hidden cleat or two. 
  • Options
    I like your thinking no trip hazard 
  • Options
    rasburyrasbury Member Posts: 8,236 ✭✭✭✭✭
    very nice... I like the carpet but I don't like keeping up with it. Nice clean look...so this you can snap in and out like the carpet? I guess I'm not understanding exactly what the material is....woven vinyl? It's not like a "normal" vinyl flooring material? Does water go through it?
  • Options
    Here is what the pieces will look like finished: http://infinitylwv.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/12/8_small.jpg

Here is a better close up of the material:
    http://www.sailrite.com/Infinity-Luxury-Woven-Vinyl-Flooring-Dark-Teak-102

The material has a woven thread like top, but foamy cushion under. Not adhesive but you could glue it down if you wanted. I'm doing snaps like it had originally. I still need to bind the edges and add snaps. 

• Options
    rasburyrasbury Member Posts: 8,236 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nice stuff and sure looks great, congrats!