Options

232 stereo install coming up, anyone want to share there tips for speaker placement?

DmcpheeDmcphee Member Posts: 11
Hey everyone, I will be doing a stereo install on my 98 232 in the coming months and I am looking for ideas.  I have 4 7inch alpine combo speakers and also 2 alpine 10 inch subs.  I am looking for ideas for locations to mount for good sound.  Pics are always a plus! 

Thanks

Best Answer

Answers

• Options
    Cableguy GregCableguy Greg Member Posts: 5,012 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I mounted tweeters in the cockpit to bring the sound up and 2 8" subs where the storage area was under the back seat.

2008 280 Express Cruiser, 6.2MPI, B3, Pittsburgh, PA "Blue Ayes"
    Go Steelers!!!
  • Options
    Lake_BumLake_Bum Member Posts: 932 ✭✭✭✭
    I'm doing the system on mine on Tuesday, but I have it mapped out already. 2 amps mounted hidden in the cuddy closet, 4 Alpine marine speakers for highs, and I'm burying a 12" sub in the wall, next to the passenger seat. Box will be completely hidden, with only a white grill visible. I'll post pics next week.  B)

Hiding 2 10's will be a chore without taking up LOTS of storage ! 
    2000 Captiva 232 
  • Options
    06Rinker27006Rinker270 Member Posts: 1,277 ✭✭✭
    @Cableguy Greg do you have two Rinkers?
    Patrick
    06 Rinker 270
  • Options
    @Cableguy Greg do you have two Rinkers?
    @06Rinker270, no I don't. I sold the 232cc to buy my 280EC. I had the 232cc for 13 seasons. I loved that boat, but it was time to move up.
    Go Steelers!!!
  • Options
    06Rinker27006Rinker270 Member Posts: 1,277 ✭✭✭
    ah, I was about to say "I want two Rinkers!"
    Patrick
    06 Rinker 270
  • Options
    How did the 8's sound where the storage compartment was? That's how I was going to mount my 10's but with a stainless steel plate.
  • Options
    They rocked pretty well. You will need to add some support around the edges because the fiberglass/gel isn't very thick there. I stuffed the area with fiberfill to help give it that extra punch. BTW, that is the access to the sending unit for the fuel tank.
    Go Steelers!!!
  • Options
    Yeah I pulled the shelf out before I had the boat shrink wrapped.  I am gonna clean out the check valve before I put the subs in. What did you use to brace that area up?  I was planning on having the stainless plate over lap the edges, and using some sealing between the joint.  
  • Options
    If I recall correctly, I used some 1/2" plywood strips that were about 1 1/2" wide. It has been about 15 years since I did the work.
    Go Steelers!!!
  • Options
    69fastback69fastback Member Posts: 951 ✭✭✭
    I mounted my Wetsound 12" in that same area under the backseat, and 6 6.5" Wetsound throughout the boat. 
  • Options
    Where did you put the 6.5 Inch speakers? I am installing 4 7 inch alpines where the factory ones are (cuddy + front of the seats) but looking for ideas where to mount 2 more for good sound.