Options

I am interested in rebedding the bow rail stantions on a 2009 280 EC.

s2559bs2559b Member Posts: 4
How do I get to all of the backer plates that are hidden from view?

Answers

• Options
    Cableguy GregCableguy Greg Member Posts: 5,012 ✭✭✭✭✭
    The front two might be accessible from the anchor locker. Why do you want to rebed them? Are you getting water?
    2008 280 Express Cruiser, 6.2MPI, B3, Pittsburgh, PA "Blue Ayes"
    Go Steelers!!!
  • Options
    Black_DiamondBlack_Diamond Member Posts: 5,439 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I had to cut the liner to get to the nuts for the bow rail. If you are going to rebed, use butyl tape. 

Past owner of a 2003 342FV
    PC BYC, Holland, MI
  • Options
    s2559bs2559b Member Posts: 4
    Thank you,
    There is a leak above the forward port window. Looks like the factory did properly bed the base to the deck.  Getting to the backer plate will require cutting the liner; however; I will need to remove the whole railing to be able to seal the deck core and apply the bedding compound. I did not want to randomly explore how to reach the other backing plate if someone had already determined how this can be done.  Has anyone removed the bow rail from a 2009 280 EC?
  • Options
    Black_DiamondBlack_Diamond Member Posts: 5,439 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I know on my 342, the 'backing plate' is nothing more than a fender washer per screw.  I know I was able to pull up/back enough to get to each location to clean up, chamfer the holes and then use butyl tape to rebed.  I had to replace all the screws/nuts, most were bent from being tightened onto an uneven surface underneath.  Getting the caulk out / away from the nuts is a real PITA. 

You might check your rub rail before venturing into the bow rail.

Past owner of a 2003 342FV
    PC BYC, Holland, MI