Options

Length of 276 on trailer?

All - Anyone know the length of the 276 on the trailer (swim platform to tip of hitch)?  The one I am looking as is 2 hours away from the owner so measuring is not an option. It is sitting on a 2014 EZ Loader trailer.

Thanks

Comments

• Options
    mattiemattie Member Posts: 1,252 ✭✭✭✭
    Our boat is in storage but if I'll take a guess....I'd add 3' out front past the bow to the coupler. The swim platform/outdrive hang 3' past the transom bunk ends. So 29'+6'=35' overall?
    246BR, 276BR, H310BR current
  • Options
    Cableguy GregCableguy Greg Member Posts: 5,011 ✭✭✭✭✭
    The LOA of the 276 is 29'2". I would agree with @mattie that it would be around 35'. The swim platform will hang over the rear of the trailer by 3' and the tongue should be 3-4'.
    2008 280 Express Cruiser, 6.2MPI, B3, Pittsburgh, PA "Blue Ayes"
    Go Steelers!!!
  • Options
    Robs_232Robs_232 Member Posts: 212 ✭✭✭
    Dido. My 232 (23.5') length is about 30' on trailer. I measured when looking for inside storage space.
  • Options
    franchrmfranchrm Member Posts: 37 ✭✭
    edited February 2017
    If I'm looking for total length on trailer wouldn't I take total length of the boat (29'2") and add 3 feet for the distance between the bow in the coupler on the hitch for a total of around 32'2". The distance overhanging the back of the trailer wouldn't  be a factor in a calculation of total length on trailer as it is already included in the total length of the boat?  The only thing that should matter is the distance between the tip of the bow and the hitch. Check my thinking on that. Thanks
  • Options
    Glassguy54Glassguy54 Member Posts: 588 ✭✭✭
    My 246 Captiva extends 51" from the edge of the swim platform to the rearmost trailer cross member. It is on a Heritage trailer which is 25'. 246 length is 26'-2". Total length of boat  and trailer, 29'-3". I think there is a lot of variation between trailer manufacturers. You could have a 246 on a Heritage or a EZ Loader and have widely differing LOA.
  • Options
    mattiemattie Member Posts: 1,252 ✭✭✭✭
    franchrm said:
    If I'm looking for total length on trailer wouldn't I take total length of the boat (29'2") and add 3 feet for the distance between the bow in the coupler on the hitch for a total of around 32'2". The distance overhanging the back of the trailer wouldn't  be a factor in a calculation of total length on trailer as it is already included in the total length of the boat?  The only thing that should matter is the distance between the tip of the bow and the hitch. Check my thinking on that. Thanks
    Prob right in regard to just trailer length. 32'-33' for the trailer alone. If you're working on inside storage dimensions for the boat on the trailer - I'd go 35'.
    246BR, 276BR, H310BR current
  • Options
    franchrmfranchrm Member Posts: 37 ✭✭
    I got the info.....33' 4" on a Heritage trailer.
  • Options
    rinker270nbrinker270nb Member Posts: 207 ✭✭✭
    My 99 270 is on a triple axle and has an aftermarket swimplatform, measures 35' rounding to the next highest foot.  Square foot storage places won't take my word, they actually measure it.