Options

New fridge time

StodgeStodge Member Posts: 2,738 ✭✭✭✭
I'm looking to replace the Tundra 42 in the galley of our 342 with a Vitrifrigo C115IBP4-F-1.  The Vitrifrigo has to flange options.  Flush, like the Tundra would be 1/4 of an inch deeper than the Tundra.  They have a surface flange option which would bring the fridge door out a bit and only need 20-3/16 depth, so a good bit less than the Tundra.

I believe someone on here has made this switch and just wondered if you recall which flange version you went with.

2002 FV 342 on Lake St. Clair - Past Commodore SHC - Vessel Examiner USCGAUX

Comments

• Options
    Handymans342Handymans342 Member Posts: 10,375 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Will it fit in the same hole?
  • Options
    Accroding to the drawings I have of the Tundra J42 it is the same height and width as the Vitrifrigo C115IBP4-F-1.  I thought I had read on here, that someone did the switch and went with a Vitrifrigo.  

• Options
    Cableguy GregCableguy Greg Member Posts: 5,012 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I prefer the look of the flush mount fridge. If you have the room, I would go that route.
    2008 280 Express Cruiser, 6.2MPI, B3, Pittsburgh, PA "Blue Ayes"
    Go Steelers!!!
  • Options
    Agreed on flush.  Guess I should put a door on the shrink, crawl in and see if I can get a peak behind the fridge.  Just need another 1/8 inch to fit flush.

• Options
    Liberty44140Liberty44140 Member Posts: 4,329 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2017
    When I yanked my fridge last summer to clean the fan and coils there was plenty of space behind the fridge. The soft air duct that runs to the vent in the head runs behind the fridge along the floor and I actually tied it up higher to make sure I got maximum air flow to the fridge fan and condenser and the duct was not restricting air. Handy or BD can correct me but I am 99% sure that another 1/8", or even a couple of inches of depth would not be a problem. I'll be pulling my fridge in 2 weekends to see if that will help me get my panel out so I could take some measurements if it would help you.
    07' Cruisers 390 (Previous Rinker's: 06' 342EC & 01' 310FV)

• Options
    Handymans342Handymans342 Member Posts: 10,375 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Plenty of room.
  • Options
    Thanks @Liberty44140 and @Handymans342 I'll take your "thumbs up" as my answer.  :)

• Options
    WildboatingWildboating Member Posts: 957 ✭✭✭
    Stodge,  are you happy with this unit or would you have chosen another looking back?  I am trying to figure out what model for the galley and the cockpit, i plan to order both this week for my 03 342
    2003 Rinker 342 Fiesta Vee, 350 Mag MPI, Bravo 3 2.20:1 w/ 22p 4 x4 props

• Options
    Happy with it.  It seems to use less power than the old one which was failing.

• Options
    DavidWMackenzieDavidWMackenzie Member Posts: 22 ✭✭
    @Wildboating, I have a 2002 342 and about to do the same.  Do you mind letting me know what you end up deciding and how much you pay?

@Stodge, did you go with the no-freezer option...that is what I am thinking of doing.  Do you recall what you paid for your fridge?
  • Options
    WildboatingWildboating Member Posts: 957 ✭✭✭
    @DavidWMackenzie I will post a update with the info once i decide on the model.  Im still looking at a few options  
    2003 Rinker 342 Fiesta Vee, 350 Mag MPI, Bravo 3 2.20:1 w/ 22p 4 x4 props

• Options
    @DavidWMackenzie yes I got to the no-freezer version.  I had to remove the door on the fridge and remove the trim around the cabin entrance to get the unit down below.  I paid around $1000 for it.

• Options
    dwmackenziedwmackenzie Member Posts: 13 ✭✭
    I ended up buying the Vitrifrigo c115ixd4-f-1 stainless AC/dc, fridge only ( ie no freezer) for ~$1,100 (plus tax and freight). It was challenging to get the old out through the hatch. I had to take the trim off the hatch and the compressor off for it to fit. Had a Similar problem with the new fridge fitting through the hatch. I had to take the door and all the flush mount trim pieces off and it took three of us to squeeze through but we made it.   I also had to make the opening a little taller by cutting out about 3/8 of an inch   Jigsaw made short work of that. I am very happy with the end result. 
  • Options
    Dream_InnDream_Inn Member, Moderator Posts: 7,558 mod
    That's a nice looking fridge!  I think I'd miss the freezer (yes, they are small, but we use them).  The stainless looks nice! 

Dream 'Inn III -- 2008 400 Express