Options

Rinker 265 - DC breakers

ajj001ajj001 Member Posts: 13 ✭✭

Hi,

I have recently bought a '94 265 with a 5.7 petrol (gas) block. A bit of a steal in terms of price (at least in the UK market). The survey suggests she's a solid boat but just needs a little bit of TLC. She's out of the water at the moment while we wait for winter to pass, and I'm just doing a few little jobs to tidy her up. I'm in the midst of changing courtesy lights and internal spots to LED's, replacing the hole in the galley (!) with a spirit stove, the fridge has gone, so just putting in a cooler box and a door in front. I've put a few extra drink holders on deck (with LEDs in the bottom!). It's not all lights and booze related though, I need to replace the wiper arm (gone completely), horn and do something with the electric windlass (I think the solenoid is stuck).

I expect to be a regular questioner over the next few months!

So, here's the first one.....

The nav lights....port works ok, starboard and the bow light don't. I've swapped the bulbs around and they are all ok, so suspects it's either the wring or a breaker/fuse. Having looked behind the dash (lifting the mirror in the head) I can only see 4 auto type fuses which look fine.

Are there any breakers on the DC circuits and, if so where?

Apologies if this has already been asked.

Comments

• Options
    93Vee93Vee Member Posts: 86 ✭✭
    Hi. Congrats on your getting your new boat. I would check the CB's under the rocker switches. Unscrew the whole lot and check to see if they are intact or have corrosion. Behind that mirror can be a rat's nest. You may have to follow the wires back from the rocker switch. Hope that helps a bit. Good luck.
  • Options
    To be more specific, they are located on the very bottom of the dash under the hub of the helm.
  • Options
    Thanks 93Vee....I'll post progress!
  • Options
    Great. Post some pics of the interior. I would like to see how that is coming too!
  • Options
    OK, it's been a while and there's still a lot of work to do. The "rat's nest" description is very apt! I think I now know how the wiring is supposed to work! I fixed a couple of minor items by cleaning the connections. The water pump issue was down to a previous owner installing a different size (physical rather than power) CB which wasn't installed properly so was wedged permanently off! I got the solenoid for the electric windlass (which was permanently on lift) out last weekend and cleaned it up (looked like an internal spring had shifted), so that should go back in a couple of weeks. Horn was shot, so got a replacement and will install that soon. Still looking to fix the starboard nav light (the wires seem to have been cut and twisted in to additional wiring for the pole light....I suspect the source of the issue will be there). But...the boat has been serviceable and the source of great fun down the Thames.

• Options
    randy56randy56 Member Posts: 4,083 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nice family cruse.
    Boat Name : 

• Options
    reneechris14reneechris14 Member Posts: 3,134 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Love the flag
    2005 Rinker FV342  Pawcatuck river,Ct
  • Options
    Glad you worked through the issues. It is a great looking boat. I was in Henley this June and loved boating on the Thames. Best of luck.