Getting these winter projects wrapped up...

Finally got the new cockpit tv mounted...(remember the old flip down one ? It looked like it was mounted to the headrest of a '72 Country Squire wagon!) had to run a 110v receptacle for power, but a pretty clean install overall. This one is white and has a built in DVD player. Flips up out of the way and swivels.

got my props back, reconditioned and installed....

Bring on the warm weather !!!!!!

Comments

• Cableguy GregCableguy Greg Member Posts: 5,011 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Looking good. 
    2008 280 Express Cruiser, 6.2MPI, B3, Pittsburgh, PA "Blue Ayes"
    Go Steelers!!!
  • Handymans342Handymans342 Member Posts: 10,375 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2017
    That's one good reason for a hardtop. LOL
  • randy56randy56 Member Posts: 4,083 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Pod drives, flip up flip down TV, shinny props, not much else to do but stock her up and your ready.
    Boat Name : 

• DirtythirtyDirtythirty Member Posts: 393 ✭✭✭
    Agreed @randy56 .... just turn that outside thermostat up about another 30 degrees and we should be set !!!
  • Dream_InnDream_Inn Member, Moderator Posts: 7,552 mod

I do like the looks of the TV mount.  I'll have to give it some thought over spring.  I'm not sure how much we'd use a TV up top, but maybe once it's there we would.  I see you have the antenna cable, so I assume you used a splitter in the hardtop off the antenna?

Those props look beautiful!

Dream 'Inn III -- 2008 400 Express

Correct on the antenna...we replaced the antenna last year with a new digital one, and split the wire so it serves the salon TV and now the cockpit TV.  we don't have it hooked up to the TVs in either the front or rear berths, they are used for DVD and XBox only. The only issue with the cockpit TV, is that we tend to use it at night at the slip, and you must buttoned up as the mosquitoes like the TV as much as we do.
  • Liberty44140Liberty44140 Member Posts: 4,318 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dirty, question on the antenna. Why did you need to replace? The 10 year old powered Shakespeare antennas get good digital hd signals. I'm asking because I am about to add a 24" smart tv to the cockpit on my 342. Will be mounted on the side of the arch above my sink as I am soft top. Since I already get good hd digital signals I planned to keep the antenna, just split it from the power box behind the cabin tv and run a line back to the arch/new tv. Kinda klunky since the antenna is already on the arch but I assumed the line needs to come from the antennas power source, not the antenna itself? Wondering if I'm missing something in my master plan. Thanks! 
    07' Cruisers 390 (Previous Rinker's: 06' 342EC & 01' 310FV)

Nope ....not missing a thing...The marina snapped my old one off. It was eiter that or rabbit ears LOL
  • Dream_InnDream_Inn Member, Moderator Posts: 7,552 mod

Good point liberty, if I put a TV up top I'll have to run the cable from the amplifier which is in the front berth.

I'm with you Dirty, I don't use my front or rear berth TVs except for a DVD here and there.

Dream 'Inn III -- 2008 400 Express

• Lake_BumLake_Bum Member Posts: 918 ✭✭✭✭
    Nice looking setup, and a clean install!  Looking great  B)
    2000 Captiva 232 
    Good stuff!

• 99270fv99270fv Member Posts: 94 ✭✭
    Dirty, question on the antenna. Why did you need to replace? The 10 year old powered Shakespeare antennas get good digital hd signals. I'm asking because I am about to add a 24" smart tv to the cockpit on my 342. Will be mounted on the side of the arch above my sink as I am soft top. Since I already get good hd digital signals I planned to keep the antenna, just split it from the power box behind the cabin tv and run a line back to the arch/new tv. Kinda klunky since the antenna is already on the arch but I assumed the line needs to come from the antennas power source, not the antenna itself? Wondering if I'm missing something in my master plan. Thanks! 

so are you guys saying that the Shakespeare radio antenna will receive a TV signal?
    No, talking about the Shakespeare powered tv antenna that came with many rinkers 

So....I'm not sure what the difference is... but my old original antenna, which I'm pretty sure was analog, rcvd all of the local channels in the metropolitan area, that amounted to about 6-7 channels.  I can say that with this new one, I rcv about 60 channels.  Most are not worth watching due to content... ( Spanish, infomercials, or just plain garbage) but there is now substantially more channels to choose from.  The picture is better also, but with the digital signal , you get pixelation when the signal isn't strong. I paid $115 for the antenna, and with the amount we watch it, I could NEVER JUSTIFY the cost of Tracvision
  • Cableguy GregCableguy Greg Member Posts: 5,011 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Great looking setup @Dirtythirty. The old Shakespeare antenna will receive HD channels. It is just the medium for receiving the information. It doesn't know if it is receiving analog or digital information. Most of the HD channels in the US are carried in the UHF band, which the antenna is rated for. The biggest issue with the Rinker setup is the gold plated screw on RG-59 connectors. They are junk. Most of the boats that I have worked on, the center conductor is way too long and the braiding for the shield is usually cut off. Both are vital to giving you a good HD picture. If the center conductor is not shiny copper, there can be an issue. When I got my 280EC, I replaced the non-digital flat screen with a HD DVD/TV combo, connected it up to the original system, did a scan and I have 40+ HD&SD channels on my TV.
    2008 280 Express Cruiser, 6.2MPI, B3, Pittsburgh, PA "Blue Ayes"
    Go Steelers!!!
  • TrashmanTrashman Member Posts: 432 ✭✭✭
    @Dirtythirty, did you ever find the coffee pot you needed? Ive been on the lookout all winter with no luck.  the tv is nice,those pods are impressive 

@Trashman... No, not yet. And I look all the time, hoping at this point someone has a built in microwave/ coffeemaker that they are replacing for old age or just doesn't work anymore, and I can buy the whole thing or just the coffee maker...
    thanks for keeping an eye out for me... This is a tough one for sure 
  • Handymans342Handymans342 Member Posts: 10,375 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I thought you could get the whole unit?
    discontinued !!!