Is it Spring yet?

davidbrooksdavidbrooks Member Posts: 1,339 ✭✭✭✭
I am so ready to put her back in the water.  March 24 is set so it better stay warm.  So far this winter (in addition to ripping apart and remodeling 2 bathrooms in my house) I have accomplished the following:
  • Bottom and outdrives painted.  Not fun.
  • Put on new anodes on outdrive. 
  • Installed new LED switch and controller for trim tabs.  Now I can see where they are positioned and when I kill the engine it automatically puts them back up.
  • Installed Simrad Go5 XSE and TotalScan transducer.  Mounted the Simrad on the dash and inset it in the little bump out on the port side of steering wheel and the transducer is on the stern just to the side of the drain plug.
  • Ran a new RG6 Coax from Antenna to TV in hopes of improving reception.  Nope.
  • New LED running lights
  • Tuneup for Generator
  • Canvas repairs
  • Sanded decking and waxed boat exterior
I wasn't going to post any pics as it really is a lot of basic stuff. 

It's 5 O'Clock Somewhere!

Comments

• LaReaLaRea Member Posts: 7,504 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wow, you've been busy!  The Simrad has a transducer mounted to the transom?  Is that primarily for fishing, or is it your primary chartplotter?
  • rasburyrasbury Member Posts: 8,218 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dang, I just went boating this winter....
  • davidbrooksdavidbrooks Member Posts: 1,339 ✭✭✭✭
    @larea it is primarily for fishing and backup for depth.  Backup for chartplotter.  My primary Chartplotter is a  Garmin 5208.  I went with the transom mounted for a few reasons.  Temp, ease of mounting, didn't want to conflict with existing depth finder and oh did I mention cost and @rasbury funny my invite to go fishing with you must of gotten lost in my spam folder.  Dang rub it in will ya. 
  • Dude_HimselfDude_Himself Member Posts: 596 ✭✭✭
    Also: Simrad doesn't offer a TotalScan Thruhull transducer. I'm surprised.
    @davidbrooks: any photos of your transducer mount? Doing mine this week, went with the GO5 since I already have a VV7 on the dash. Thanks!
  • davidbrooksdavidbrooks Member Posts: 1,339 ✭✭✭✭
    @Dude_Himself no pics.  I mounted it about 3in to the right of the drain hole and inline with the bottom of the boat.  The one thing i didn't do that i would highly recommend if your boat stays in the water is to paint it.  Spray the metal with a protective coating suitable for metal and then put an antifouling paint on the bottom plastic designed for transponders.  Not the normal bottom paint containing copper though.  I had to pull my boat out of the water due to an accident and was surprised to see that the barnacles loved it.  
    Nah, it's a Rinker 280 EC Trailer Sailer. I'm a nut. I still can't believe I trailer a 5T Express Cruiser around like a cuddy.