Options

Marked another project off the list......STEREO

Lake_BumLake_Bum Member Posts: 928 ✭✭✭✭
I went a little overboard on this one, but I absolutely LOVE how it turned out.  The 12" sub has a box, built into the wall, it takes up zero storage on the boat. 2 amps are hidden in the closet, and took up minimal space.  I have always built systems in my boats, but rarely has it come out this clean, both install and sound.   I also ordered my extended swim platform yesterday  B)
2000 Captiva 232 

Comments

• Options
    2000 Captiva 232 
  • Options
    JonnyMJonnyM Member Posts: 302 ✭✭✭
    Looks great, very clean.
    "Mosi on Dahn"  2003 Fiesta Vee 270
  • Options
    ruggeroleruggerole Member Posts: 161 ✭✭

Sweet. Too bad your on the otherside of the US. Would be nice to have you do this for me.

• Options
    Dream_InnDream_Inn Member, Moderator Posts: 7,558 mod
    Very nice Lake Bum!  I've been thinking about upgrading my system...one of these days.

Dream 'Inn III -- 2008 400 Express

• Options
    randy56randy56 Member Posts: 4,083 ✭✭✭✭✭
    hahaha, That's the ticket, get the swim platform and you will not want to go home after your out there. good job on the install.
    Boat Name : 

• Options
    randy56 said:
    hahaha, That's the ticket, get the swim platform and you will not want to go home after your out there. good job on the install.
    @randy56 That's the plan!  They don't call me Lake Bum for no reason  B)
    I've already got my Wakeboard tower on, Stereo done, new seat pedestal installed, swim platform is being built right now, and I'm going to figure out which lighting I want to do on the tower, probably led rope lights.  Repack bearings, slap new tires on and I'm ready to roll!  
    I just bought this boat in October, which around here means winterize immediately! I have no trips on it, just a test drive, which I was VERY impressed. This is my 5th boat in 8 years, and the Rinker is the KEEPER. I'll sell my Four Winns next month once I can start it up for a buyer without winterizing again. Lake Fever is BAD right now lol 
    2000 Captiva 232 
  • Options
    raybo3raybo3 Administrator Posts: 5,459 admin
    Nice job looks great.......
    2002 342 Fiesta Vee PC Point Of Pines YC Revere MA. popyc.org     raybo3@live.com
  • Options
    gackgack Member Posts: 315 ✭✭✭
    Very nice.   What speakers did you use? 
  • Options
    DazeOffDazeOff Member Posts: 164 ✭✭✭
    Nice work, looks great!
  • Options
    edited February 2017
    gack said:
    Very nice.   What speakers did you use? 

Thanks. Rockford Fosgate marine 12" sub, and marine Alpine's for highs. I have tried many brands for highs over the years, and the Alpines are some of the cleanest sounding ones out there, when using an amplifier...
    2000 Captiva 232 
  • Options
    jme097jme097 Member Posts: 1,224 ✭✭✭
    @Lake_Bum you think you'll have a problem with over heating at all? I have had bad luck with my amps over heating recently
    Boat Name: Knot A Worry
    2007 280 Rinker Express 6.2L B3
  • Options
    jme097 said:
    @Lake_Bum you think you'll have a problem with over heating at all? I have had bad luck with my amps over heating recently
    I have done similar setups to this system on other boats of mine, and I've never even once had an overheating problem. I'm hoping this boat is no different. 

Where do you have your amps mounted? And do you know what impedance your running?  On my boat setups, I keep the mono sub amps at 2 ohms. My current amp is rated down to 1 ohm, but that only puts further strain/heat, so I bought a 4 ohm dvc sub, and wired it to run at 2.  If your amps are mounted in the engine room, that is a LOT of heat already generated by the motor in there, and not much air flow. Having a good balance, with amp vs. subs/speakers makes a difference too. You don't want too small of an amp, trying to do too much, that could cause major overheating too. 
    2000 Captiva 232 
  • Options
    TrashmanTrashman Member Posts: 432 ✭✭✭
    nice setup. id like to install a sub like this.