x

Michael TMichael T Member Posts: 7,227 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited November 2014 in Rinker Express Cruisers Forum
Post edited by Michael T on

Comments

• MalloyMalloy Member Posts: 42 ✭✭
    I would also be very interested in a great tv mount for the cockpit. I look forward to the info... Thx!
  • Michael TMichael T Member Posts: 7,227 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2014

x

• OldDogNewTrixOldDogNewTrix Member Posts: 166 ✭✭✭
    . It is a very simple non adjustable mount that only protrudes about 3/8". It's like a wedge and the TV just drops and slides in. It's perfect as it stays put when out on plane. To remove, you simply raise the TV up bit and it's off. I painted the part that is bolted onto the arch plate. Here's a couple of photos. We're at the Narrows till noon Sunday then back to the marina if you'd like to see it in person Michael.
    Wayne '09 340 EC
    edited November 2014

x

edited June 2013
    I bought 2 of them at The Source a couple of years ago for 10$ each, they may have been on clearance. Here's the details of the current one, looks the same; NEXXTECH 13-23-INCH FIXED LOW PROFILE TV MOUNT , $29.99. I used the other one for the salon TV that I upgraded to a 24". We'll be back in the marina tomorrow afternoon but only for an hour or so. Let me know if you're there, we may stop for a pump out.
    Wayne '09 340 EC
    edited November 2014

x

edited November 2014

x

edited June 2013
    I guess the best way to know for sure is to see the specs on the threaded mounting holes on the back of the TV. I suspect it would fit, if not, it wouldn't take much to make a mounting plate. I'd buy theTV and the mount and you can always return the mount easily at TheSource. I noticed you weren't here when we returned t 1:00 this fatherhood. Maybe next weekend, coming to the rendezvous-vous? It's lots or fun.
    Wayne '09 340 EC
    edited November 2014

x

• MalloyMalloy Member Posts: 42 ✭✭
    That's great. Thx for all of the info.
  • BoatAwayBoatAway Member Posts: 179 ✭✭✭
    edited June 2013

I use nearly the same mount for my smaller TV in my cuddy cabin. neat to see it work for outdoor applications too. Mine has two finger screws that can hold the TV mount part tightly to the wall mount part. or if just on the hook, you can let gravity take care of things...

edit: found a link (rated for up to 30" or 66 lbs). you can see the tabs that screw together at the bottom of the picture.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000VKCIJU/ref=as_li_ss_tl?ie=UTF8&camp=1789&creative=390957&creativeASIN=B000VKCIJU&linkCode=as2&tag=drapaki-20

edited November 2014

x

Michael, I think your arch panels are different than ours. Our plate is 1/8" aluminum and is very sturdy. Sounds like your mount will give you more viewing angle options, which we didn't need with our u shape seating and helm seat all in perfect view of the TV. BoatAway, your mount looks very similar. Is it a wedge shape so the weight of the TV holds it in place? I do like the screw option, I might try to rig something up on ours for piece of mind it never falls overboard.
    Wayne '09 340 EC
  • NY320NY320 Member Posts: 19 ✭✭
    I would like to use this same mount on my 320. The issue I see is that as pictured above your 350 has the access panel which removes from the arch. The 320 has no removable panel . So I would need to attach it directly arch itself. There is no way to put a nut and bolt it would have to be a screw only. What do you guys this setup ok ?. any better idea or advice ?. Thanks
  • BoatAwayBoatAway Member Posts: 179 ✭✭✭
    . Is it a wedge shape so the weight of the TV holds it in place? I do like the screw option, I might try to rig something up on ours for piece of mind it never falls overboard.

yes, it wedges in. gravity itself will hold the TV in place, but the screws are a nice assurance in case of a good jolt.
    edited November 2014

x