Options

Rinker rear bumper-fender rack cover?

hi, I am in the process of possibly buying an 2002 rinker 342. This model has the rear bumper-gender storage rack on the back of the boat to hold 4 bumpers. I personally don't like this design and the look of having bumpers stored there. Is there any after market product I could buy to have that covered up? I thought about having a fiberglass cover built to go over but not sure that would work. I was told some owners of this boat have came across a solution or a way to make this rear end look better. Any thoughts or ideas?

thanks!

Comments

• Options
    IanIan Member Posts: 2,778 ✭✭✭✭
    I'd be interested too, not that the look is a concern but don't like leaving 4 fenders and ropes out in the open unsecured. Plus the bottom gathers grime and water.

Regards,

Ian

The Third “B”

Secretary, Ravena Coeymans Yacht Club

https://www.rcyachtclub.com/

• Options
    raybo3raybo3 Administrator Posts: 5,459 admin
    icoultha said:
    I'd be interested too, not that the look is a concern but don't like leaving 4 fenders and ropes out in the open unsecured. Plus the bottom gathers grime and water.
    Its true about the grime and water. IMO if you put a cover over the the "rack" you will be wasting a lot of space plus I do not like the fender racks on the bow rail...... Just say'n......
    2002 342 Fiesta Vee PC Point Of Pines YC Revere MA. popyc.org     raybo3@live.com
  • Options
    Handymans342Handymans342 Member Posts: 10,375 ✭✭✭✭✭
    What do you like Ray? Lmao
  • Options
    LaReaLaRea Member, Moderator Posts: 7,555 mod
    edited February 2017
    Aftermarket cover?  No.  But I guess it would be possible to custom-build a fiberglass cover hinged at the top.  I've never heard of anyone doing it, but a good fiberglass pro could come up with something.  You might have to modify the canvas, but would also give you a larger space for the boat name.  

I had a 342 for ten years, and I loved the convenience of transom storage.  
  • Options
    summerxsummerx Member Posts: 211 ✭✭✭
    I actually like the transom storage, as it makes for easy access when needed.  Not a fan of the dirt accumulation at the bottom and the beating the fenders take from the sun though.  a transom trunk is a must for my next boat.
  • Options
    What do you like Ray? Lmao
    Not you.........LOL just kidding bro. I will tell you what I dont like. I dont like things that look like add ons. Those wire looking fender racks are ugly and dont tell me that you think they look good because you would not add them to your boat.....
    2002 342 Fiesta Vee PC Point Of Pines YC Revere MA. popyc.org     raybo3@live.com
  • Options
    I never use bumpers LOL
  • Options
    Dream_InnDream_Inn Member, Moderator Posts: 7,561 mod
    I remember the days in my 310 with the fenders on the back.  Loved having them but definitely hated the grime in there.  Rain would wash dirt down the canvas and straight in.  No matter how clean you tried to keep everything!  Love my trunk now!  & I agree, I'd never keep the fenders on the front of the boat!

Dream 'Inn III -- 2008 400 Express

• Options
    Hey Handy they are not bumpers..... Your not supposed to bump or bang or crash into them. They are fenders to fend you off of the dock or to help fend you off another boat if you get into trouble. Not bumpers... those are on cars..... So take that Mr Boater...........LMFAO
  • Options
    Fenders??? Those are on cars Mr Brady. Hahahahahahhaahha
  • Options
    You can call me Tom if you would like.....LOL