Options

New Bluetooth stereo with remotes

TrashmanTrashman Member Posts: 432 ✭✭✭
edited February 2017 in Rinker Custom Projects
I installed the new Rockford Fosgate displays for my hideaway system. Comes with 1 main display and 2 lighted remotes. Also has a remote data port which had inputs for aux, usb, sd card and data cable for IPhone.  Had to make a cover for the new main display to go over the original single din opening.  Wasn't quite wide enough. Used a piece of starboard and wrapped it in black carbon fiber(vinyl hill wrap sample I bought). The transome remote fit nice after cutting the new hole(ugh). It was just wide enough to cover up the old holes. All that's left is to install the remote data port and wire it up. I may Install this in the cutout facing the back seat behind the port side seat. That way I can charge a phone back there

Comments

• Options
    J3ffJ3ff Member Posts: 4,060 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Interesting, had no idea they were in the marine game... I did the opposite of you... LCD screen on the swim platform, non-lcd at the helm.

Here's my question to you... how far can your phone be from the head unit and the bluetooth connection still works fine?  I've got the Clarion M505 and can't go past the sink without it cutting off.  This one was even worse and for some reason had a HUMMMMMMMMMMMMM in all my speakers.. https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B019FEW4XC/ref=oh_aui_search_detailpage?ie=UTF8&psc=1 
  • Options
    BellevilleMXZBellevilleMXZ Member Posts: 732 ✭✭✭
    Ah geez don't tell me that......I was going to go with clarion......what was the Rockford stuff worth?
    2005 Rinker 270 FV Volvo Penta 5.7Gi
  • Options
    davidbrooksdavidbrooks Member Posts: 1,346 ✭✭✭✭
    @bellevillemxz happy to rip out and sell you my clarion.  I can't stand mine. Just can't find a better one without spending $2k.
    It's 5 O'Clock Somewhere!
  • Options
    BellevilleMXZBellevilleMXZ Member Posts: 732 ✭✭✭
    @bellevillemxz happy to rip out and sell you my clarion.  I can't stand mine. Just can't find a better one without spending $2k.

Ya that's the thing.....I don't wanna spend huge either
    2005 Rinker 270 FV Volvo Penta 5.7Gi
  • Options
    Lake_BumLake_Bum Member Posts: 932 ✭✭✭✭
    I have a Kenwood headunit, that is just a normal model, nothing fancy, and the Bluetooth works when I'm standing about 25 feet behind the boat.  Another key feature, is it works when I'm in airplane mode on the phone even  B)
    2000 Captiva 232 
  • Options
    Ah geez don't tell me that......I was going to go with clarion......what was the Rockford stuff worth?
    Well, I suppose we should also be talking about the phones we use. I'm on a note5 from Samsung, all I'd like is to be able to sit on the back bench seat without having to worry about the BT connection, I can tell you that in my experience kenwood and clarion can't do that. The other solution is to just buy an external bluetooth aux-in receiver, the only problem with that is you lose your ability to use the remotes to FF and RW...  but I guess that may be a solution.. 
  • Options
    diggin2day1diggin2day1 Member Posts: 1,326 ✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2017
    I have a Fusion UD-750 and can control and stream music from my phone while sitting on the dock.

Trashman- beautiful job in the install!!
  • Options
    edited February 2017
    Interesting story. Rockford isn't in the marine biz...yet.  The woman who sold this to me works for a company in indiana. they had the licence to make these under rockfords name, until rockford decided to make their own. this all according to her.  So, these units sell to searay and Malibu. These seem to be well made, she told me about all the features and how they are marine grade.

@j3ff, the Bluetooth worked from about 20 ft and then dropped out here n there. The unit has an external Bluetooth dongle I can place anywhere the cord will reach. I could mount it in the arch if I wanted. 
  • Options
    Cableguy GregCableguy Greg Member Posts: 5,012 ✭✭✭✭✭
    The remote looks like a rebranded Clarion remote. I wonder if it uses the same DIN cable.

2008 280 Express Cruiser, 6.2MPI, B3, Pittsburgh, PA "Blue Ayes"
    Go Steelers!!!
  • Options
    sounds awesome.  you need some new switches man, 55 bucks and they'd be all new!! 
  • Options
    I know, I have a pic of an invoice one of you guys posted with the list and part numbers. just havn't gotten around to it. 
  • Options
    Trashman said:
    Interesting story. Rockford isn't in the marine biz...yet.
    Maybe not for head units, but they've been in the Marine biz for awhile on speakers. I've run the mid's/highs previously, and just installed a Rockford marine 12" sub last week on my boat  B)

2000 Captiva 232 
  • Options
    I'm not sure I want an amp running ALL day (multiple days) on my boat... how much power does yours take to run that sub? 
  • Options
    J3ff said:
    I'm not sure I want an amp running ALL day (multiple days) on my boat... how much power does yours take to run that sub? 
    I run two deep cycles, with a Perko switch. I always charge up before a trip, and do most of my trip using only one battery, with the other in reserve for cranking if the #1 does happen to die. I bet it gets a good 5 hours play every day, staying out an average of 4 day trips. Never had a problem! I don't know the total amperage draw....
    2000 Captiva 232