Options

new dash for 2006 270 FV

Mercury2005Mercury2005 Member Posts: 141 ✭✭
Installed new dash panels, switch covers, compass, steering wheel, vhf radio, refurbished Faria gauges, added a USB plug.
More stuff to follow, stay tuned

Comments

• Options
    Handymans342Handymans342 Member Posts: 10,375 ✭✭✭✭✭
  • Options
    edited March 2017
    my bad forgot to add pics
    Post edited by Mercury2005 on
  • Options
    edited March 2017
    Merc, what did you do to refurb the Farias?
  • Options
    Dream_InnDream_Inn Member, Moderator Posts: 7,558 mod
    looks Great!

Dream 'Inn III -- 2008 400 Express

• Options
    dropoutdropout Member Posts: 138 ✭✭✭
    Looks good, changing out those cup holders for some stainless steel ones will look even better.
  • Options
    Cableguy GregCableguy Greg Member Posts: 5,012 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Where did you get the panels from?
    2008 280 Express Cruiser, 6.2MPI, B3, Pittsburgh, PA "Blue Ayes"
    Go Steelers!!!
  • Options
    We have stainless cup holders ready to go in. Sent the gauges back to Faria and they refurbished them.
    Panels came from:
    Sam Sladon
    TECNOGRAFIC, INC.
    1010 NW 51st Place
    Ft Lauderdale, FL 33309
    www.tecnografic.com
  • Options
    rasburyrasbury Member Posts: 8,238 ✭✭✭✭✭
    cost for the panels? I'm thinking of just putting a new material on mine and go drastic difference from OEM- just thinking about it.....Gauges are mine, what did they do to refurbish those? I do need a new compass, dang those things are expensive! Maybe instead of a compass I'll just put a bobble head dog there or something...
  • Options
    ras - panels for our boat were $800, gauges were $488 and have a warranty. I could have replaced the gauges with another brand, but ours were wired with 'Packard' connectors that just plugged into the back of each gauge and I did not want to have to rewire all of them, so it was easier for to have Faria refurbish them. Plus everything fit back into the same size holes and locations. For a compass, since you have GPS, copy and paste an image of the compass rose on the dash :)
  • Options
    gackgack Member Posts: 315 ✭✭✭
    Looks great Ras!  I just did a vinyl wrap on my dash and installed new gauges.  Still need to do the other panels.  Was not as difficult as I thought it would be.
  • Options
    Liberty44140Liberty44140 Member Posts: 4,329 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2017
    Both look great! I didn't know you could pay Faria to refurb gauges, great to know as my duals are not made anymore! @gack can you post the link to which vinyl wrap you used? That color would match mine perfectly. May do that one day. 
    07' Cruisers 390 (Previous Rinker's: 06' 342EC & 01' 310FV)

• Options
    Liberty - go to this link for Faria gauge repair - http://fariabeede.com/forms/?form=new
    gack, you panels look great and I'm sure a lot less expensive then mine.
  • Options
    rasburyrasbury Member Posts: 8,238 ✭✭✭✭✭
    great job @gack- I saw from previous post you were doing this and wondering how you were coming....awesome!
  • Options
    wow $125 each for a Tach. 
  • Options
    Thanks, I would have loved new panels like Merc has but didn't know that was possible.  Also have too many other projects I'm investing in now (canvas, cushions, carpet). I'll see how the vinyl holds up under the elements this season.  Liberty, I can't locate the receipt for the vinyl, will send you the info when I do.  I got all my gauges from eBay and GLS.  only difference from the old ones is that the speedometer goes up to 70 instead of 50, so I should be able to go faster. :D
  • Options
    reneechris14reneechris14 Member Posts: 3,134 ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Handymans342 They are not cheap but they sent me back brand new tachs so everything matches,you can't buy the exact same face to match.but now I have 0 hours. I think it was 380 for 2 tachs and sync gauge.
    2005 Rinker FV342  Pawcatuck river,Ct
  • Options
    randy56randy56 Member Posts: 4,083 ✭✭✭✭✭
    gack you have to lean forward to go faster with that 70 mph speedo. 
    Boat Name : 

• Options
    @gack I was thinking for doing the carbon fiber look.if I don't like it can I pull of the vinyl or does it leave a residue?
  • Options
    Cableguy GregCableguy Greg Member Posts: 5,012 ✭✭✭✭✭
    @gack I was thinking for doing the carbon fiber look.if I don't like it can I pull of the vinyl or does it leave a residue?
    I like the carbon fiber look as well. It updates everything.
    2008 280 Express Cruiser, 6.2MPI, B3, Pittsburgh, PA "Blue Ayes"
    Go Steelers!!!
  • Options
    The gauge are silver boat is black and all the white though it be a nice contrast.but not 1st on my list you know.
  • Options
    The good and bad for new dash panels; the original 5 hole panel, i.e., speedo, tach, etc., is recessed for the gauges and contours to fit the opening which looks nice, the bad is the panel is just formed plastic and cracks easily and fades. 
    The new 5 hole panel is 1/8" material and is 'flat' so no recesses for the gauges, but it does bend to fit the dash contour. I had Sam add two extra mounting holes dead center so I could make sure the "curve' fit the dash.  I had to install a couple pieces of 1/4" starboard in the dash to have something to screw into and it worked out OK.
    The switch panel being flat was no problem, the switches fit great and the screw holes lined up. I had Sam add another hole to install a USB port next to the 12v outlet. The circuit breaker panel is also flat and the breakers fit perfectly and the holes lined up, although one hole had no place to screw into, will need to fix later.
    The last panel was the key switch panel and it also is flat and came out perfect.
    The last item was the radio. The original radio had a bezel that screwed into the dash and the radio mounted in the bezel. The new radio is bigger and mounts from the rear. I had Sam make an adapter that will mount to the dash with 4 holes just like the original bezel and the radio will mount to that new adapter so the radio can be removed without having to remove the switch pane.
    I know all that stuff was expensive but IMO was well worth it.
    Appreciate all the feedback from you guys and look forward to seeing your mods.
  • Options
    Vinyl should comes off clean if you want to remove it, no residue.
  • Options
    Thanks