Options

Corroded taps in galley and head of 342FV

The sink taps in the galley and head are corroded and pitted.  We are looking for replacement mixer taps as we call them in Australia.  Make of taps in the head is Grohe.  Can't find similar taps online.  No make visible on the galley sink. Also need to know the fitting - male/female and thread size.  Model of boat 342 FV 2004
Can anyone suggest a supplier?  Thanks.  David

Comments

• Options
    StodgeStodge Member Posts: 2,738 ✭✭✭✭
    I had looked for something for our galley because of the angle of the spray.  I see you came up with the same solution I and considering.

I did look around a bit for new faucets.  They are a little pricey but available.  This is one I came across:

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00HRX0SJG/ref=wl_it_dp_o_pd_S_ttl?_encoding=UTF8&colid=1Y8DB3E9DCTCT&coliid=I19XZLSRSF2G6D

2002 FV 342 on Lake St. Clair - Past Commodore SHC - Vessel Examiner USCGAUX

• Options
    Cableguy GregCableguy Greg Member Posts: 5,013 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Defender.com also has them.
    2008 280 Express Cruiser, 6.2MPI, B3, Pittsburgh, PA "Blue Ayes"
    Go Steelers!!!
  • Options
    raybo3raybo3 Administrator Posts: 5,460 admin
    I got mine at defender.com
    2002 342 Fiesta Vee PC Point Of Pines YC Revere MA. popyc.org     raybo3@live.com
  • Options
    randy56randy56 Member Posts: 4,083 ✭✭✭✭✭
    In Australia, you may find them at a place that sells motor home parts. Lots of RV's have the same type. 
    Boat Name : 

• Options
    LaReaLaRea Member, Moderator Posts: 7,567 mod
    For the galley, just get a regular kitchen faucet.  For $100, you can get a decent single-handle pull-out faucet that looks better and is more functional.  I put one in my 342 and loved it.
  • Options
    IanIan Member Posts: 2,783 ✭✭✭✭
    I agree, I did get a similar replacement here in the US but I don't think there is anything specific that needs a "marine" version, the mains pressure for a domestic use item will be no more than your dock or onboard pressure.

I am not sure though on the thread fittings. Likely these existing are US thread sizes and pitch, I can't recall if in Australia plumbing fittings like these went to metric or not. Best thing would be to take one of them to a supplier to check.

Regards,

Ian

The Third “B”

Secretary, Ravena Coeymans Yacht Club

https://www.rcyachtclub.com/

• Options
    Dream_InnDream_Inn Member, Moderator Posts: 7,563 mod
    Ditto what LaRea said!  Any home type faucet should work.  I know several people that have switched them out with something from homedepot.

Dream 'Inn III -- 2008 400 Express

• Options
    Black_DiamondBlack_Diamond Member Posts: 5,439 ✭✭✭✭✭
    The 'bar' sink type faucets are likely what you need to look at.

Past owner of a 2003 342FV
    PC BYC, Holland, MI
  • Options
    Liberty44140Liberty44140 Member Posts: 4,333 ✭✭✭✭✭
    No question if I were going to change my galley faucet it would be to a single lever like LaRae said. My dad this last summer on his sailboat, single lever with the hose that comes out of the spout. Nice upgrade but he did buy "marine" and it was $150 - $200 from Amazon.
    07' Cruisers 390 (Previous Rinker's: 06' 342EC & 01' 310FV)

• Options
    J3ffJ3ff Member Posts: 4,060 ✭✭✭✭✭
    So I'm not the only one who can't stand the stock sink faucet on the 270?  Puts more water on the floor/shelf than in the sink! 
  • Options
    edited March 2017
    Don't get me started on the galley sinks. We had a 310 years ago and loved it so when we decided to get back in to cruising boats a year ago I wanted a 310 or 320...... admiral would only consider a 342+ just because of the larger galley sink!

• Options
    reneechris14reneechris14 Member Posts: 3,134 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I agree with j3ff the 270 sink should come with a roll of paper towels.My 342 is starting to pit hope I can polish it up and get a year or two more.When I do replace them I'll probably use a cheap plastic type and pray it doesn't corrode.
    2005 Rinker FV342  Pawcatuck river,Ct
  • Options
    Dream_InnDream_Inn Member, Moderator Posts: 7,563 mod
    Don't get me started on the galley sinks. We had a 310 years ago and loved it so when we decided to get back in to cruising boats a year ago I wanted a 310 or 320...... admiral would only consider a 342+ just because of the larger galley sink!

LOL!!!!  Reminds of my story.  For years in our 310 the admiral wanted the sink to be bigger.  One of the members here that comes to Rinkervous (actually, him and I are the last two that have made it every single year :) ) has a 320 and put in a larger sink.  I kept telling him I'll be putting in a larger sink and come to Rinkervous next year with it.  Finally, I told him we did!  Well, he was shocked to see it came with a larger boat! LOL! @wet !

Dream 'Inn III -- 2008 400 Express

• Options
    Handymans342Handymans342 Member Posts: 10,375 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I hate the round sinks. Dumb idea
  • Options
    raybo3raybo3 Administrator Posts: 5,460 admin
    Anybody notice that when you turn on the galley sink it splashes all over the place.......LOL
    2002 342 Fiesta Vee PC Point Of Pines YC Revere MA. popyc.org     raybo3@live.com
  • Options
    Dream_Inn said:

LOL!!!!  Reminds of my story.  For years in our 310 the admiral wanted the sink to be bigger.  One of the members here that comes to Rinkervous (actually, him and I are the last two that have made it every single year :) ) has a 320 and put in a larger sink.  I kept telling him I'll be putting in a larger sink and come to Rinkervous next year with it.  Finally, I told him we did!  Well, he was shocked to see it came with a larger boat! LOL! @wet !
    Ha, now that is really funny! Now reading this I think I remember you commenting on the sink size on the old Rinker forum. 

• Options
    Handymans342Handymans342 Member Posts: 10,375 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Has anyone changed theirs and have pics?