Options

Mystery Part

gackgack Member Posts: 315 ✭✭✭
I found this part on my 270 FV when it was delivered and can't figure out where it goes.  I have the optional filler cushions maybe is used with them?  Yes, I know I need to clean the cushions. 

Comments

• Options
    diggin2day1diggin2day1 Member Posts: 1,326 ✭✭✭✭
    Goes in the v-berth... when you remove the pole from big round table in the cabin, the table drops down to become the platform for the bed cushion.  That piece goes on the end and helps hold the table and cushion in place. 
  • Options
    diggin2day1diggin2day1 Member Posts: 1,326 ✭✭✭✭
    Here's a picture.... at the very bottom of the picture you can just see the edge of that piece. 
  • Options
    Thanks Keith!  Didn't have a piece like that on my 250FV.
  • Options
    reneechris14reneechris14 Member Posts: 3,134 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Look at that use guys helping each other out.cool.
    2005 Rinker FV342  Pawcatuck river,Ct
  • Options
    Dream_InnDream_Inn Member, Moderator Posts: 7,561 mod
    Reminds of me This Old House where they have something and guess what it's used for!  we should've all gave Gack a different guess first! :)

Dream 'Inn III -- 2008 400 Express

• Options
    You could have told me anything, I probably would not have figured it out until I did an overnighter.
  • Options
    WillhoundWillhound Member Posts: 4,187 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hmm...now you have me worried. I'll also be taking delivery of a "new to me" 2000 FV270 in the near future, and now that I think about it, every time I was in it, the table was up. I did spot the v-berth filler cushion in the aft cabin, but not sure about that particular part. Will have to take a look when back at the dealer later this week. Don't imagine that part is easy to find if it's missing, would likely have to fab my own.
    "Knot Quite Shore" - 2000 FV270 (Sold)
    2018 Cherokee 39RL Land Yacht (Sorry...)
  • Options
    rasburyrasbury Member Posts: 8,242 ✭✭✭✭✭
    You can probably make something pretty easily that would work fine if missing...
  • Options
    WillhoundWillhound Member Posts: 4,187 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2017
    Last night I went back through the multitude of pics I snapped during both previous visits and the survey session, and after zooming in, I'm pretty sure I spotted it stacked amongst the other filler cushions. It's the only piece I couldn't account for, so must be it.
    Looks like it, just below the two sunpad cushions?
    "Knot Quite Shore" - 2000 FV270 (Sold)
    2018 Cherokee 39RL Land Yacht (Sorry...)