Options

1998 Captiva refrigerator

Hawk600Hawk600 Member Posts: 57 ✭✭
edited March 2017 in Rinker Sport Boat Forum
Has anyone replaced the original Norcold DE351 on a 272 Captiva? With what?

Comments

• Options
    Cableguy GregCableguy Greg Member Posts: 5,012 ✭✭✭✭✭
    If you know the dimensions of the original fridge, that will help you out. Defender has a few options available.
    2008 280 Express Cruiser, 6.2MPI, B3, Pittsburgh, PA "Blue Ayes"
    Go Steelers!!!
  • Options
    Original was a Norcold DE351 which was last in production in 1998. It has since been updated a couple time to the newest model 751 I believe. I'm just curious if anyone has replaced a DE351 and which model they replaced it with, to know that it will fit before laying out almost $700 for a new one to find out that even though dimensionally it should work, some little quirk will keep it from fitting.

Thanks
  • Options
    frodo13056frodo13056 Member Posts: 212 ✭✭✭
    Hawk - sent you a PM on how I did the hot water heater on my 272. Also, on the back of the Norcold DE fridges, there is a ATC type 10 amp fuse (red) on the upper left hand side of the back of the fridge (upper left when looking at the fridge from the back). When I purchased my 272, the fridge did not work so I pulled it and found an inline fuse along with the ATC fuse on the back of the fridge. Turns out that the ATC fuse had blown. Replaced the fuse and all was good.
  • Options
    edited March 2017
    My refrigerator works, it s just old. Dented door, and the bottom edges are all rusted. Wanted to update it  for more cosmetic reasons. Thanks for the tip though!
  • Options
    SpeedracerSpeedracer Member Posts: 35 ✭✭
    Hawk - i also own a 272 on St. Clair and wanted to replace my refrigerator.  Any luck?
  • Options
    Seriously considering a Norcold NR751BB. It looks dimensionally the same, but I hate to drop $700 to deal with a return. Was hoping someone here had updated to a newer fridge to get some feedback.

• Options
    SpeedracerSpeedracer Member Posts: 35 ✭✭
    if you pull the trigger, let me know and maybe can work me a deal for your old one.  Mine no longer works but decent shape, I can probably piece two togethe