Options

Found a source for FV270 Cooler in Canada!

WillhoundWillhound Member Posts: 4,187 ✭✭✭✭✭
New to the forum, and have been asking for a bit of help and ideas, so thought I'd try to give back, if even in a small way. Soon picking up a new to me FV270 and it was missing the "ice melter" cooler that fits in the cubby hole. Seems like you can get them at Wally-World in the US, but I looked all over for a source in Canada and finally found this:

https://new.acklandsgrainger.com/en/product/COOLER-MARINE-23-7L/p/IGL6776?analytics=searchResults

Acklands officially states that they do not sell to the public, only industrial commercial, but if you register online, and in the Company name line, just put "Cash and Carry". They will ship a cooler to your local Acklands with no shipping charge. Mine cost me $56.09 CDN. taxes in. Some may ask why I'd even bother, but I'm weird that way. I want it back to stock, and then if in future I decide to do something else with that cut out, so be it.
"Knot Quite Shore" - 2000 FV270 (Sold)
2018 Cherokee 39RL Land Yacht (Sorry...)

Comments

• Options
    diggin2day1diggin2day1 Member Posts: 1,326 ✭✭✭✭
    I have been dying to see if there's any way that I could fit(with minor modification) a 25qt Yeti or RTIC cooler there... 
  • Options
    WillhoundWillhound Member Posts: 4,187 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Long term, I'd like to be able to somehow get a second dual voltage fridge in there....someday. Guess I better get my hands on the boat before I dream too big, eh?
    "Knot Quite Shore" - 2000 FV270 (Sold)
    2018 Cherokee 39RL Land Yacht (Sorry...)
  • Options
    J3ffJ3ff Member Posts: 4,060 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have been dying to see if there's any way that I could fit(with minor modification) a 25qt Yeti or RTIC cooler there... 
    Funny you say that... I have a RTIC 20 sitting in there right now.. the only problem is that it would fall out if you hit a wave too hard.. I had the exact same thought.  Will snap a pic tomorrow. 
  • Options
    J3ff said:
    Funny you say that... I have a RTIC 20 sitting in there right now.. the only problem is that it would fall out if you hit a wave too hard.. I had the exact same thought.  Will snap a pic tomorrow. 
    I have two (rings?) on each side of my cooler location that I could secure a bungee cord across it. please post that pic when you can... very interested!!
  • Options
    J3ff said:
    I have two (rings?) on each side of my cooler location that I could secure a bungee cord across it. please post that pic when you can... very interested!!
    That would actually work perfectly. Will do. I Like that door!! And the light next to it!! 
  • Options
    ITC tri-color LEDS... door was there when I bought boat, huge amount of space behind there. 
  • Options
    BellevilleMXZBellevilleMXZ Member Posts: 732 ✭✭✭
    I bought a new one too, last year. But now tore it out and am going to put a door on there like others have done. Cooler can then fit IN there, plus other stuff.....HUGE amount of room in there
    2005 Rinker 270 FV Volvo Penta 5.7Gi
  • Options
    @J3ff - Lets see the RTIC in the cooler location.... been waiting on pins & needles!!!! Lmao
  • Options
    Ah man, I was on the way to the boat today but got sidetracked with getting my parents and their house ready for this Nor'Easter, going to make a serious effort to get there tomorrow! 
  • Options
    Lol, no sweat... just bustin' chops!!!
  • Options
    Looks worse in the picture than in real life.  
  • Options
    Thank you... now I'm just waiting for the RTIC coolers to go on sale!!
  • Options
    bentsangbentsang Member Posts: 1
    My boat has a fridge instead of the cooler box, it is Norcold RV fridge...