2004 212 Captiva (RX1) cover

kleakekleake Member Posts: 19 ✭✭
We just bought our second Rinker.  It's a 2004 212 Captiva BR with the extended platform and foldable tower, basically an RX1 configuration.  We are looking for a cover for it while storing it and the closest we have found that is "supposed" to fit does not come down nearly enough on the sides of the windsheild with the tower.  I have a choice of either modifying and losing my warranty on the cover, or deal with the bad fit.

Does anyone know where I can get a decent cover that fits for a reasonable price?
2004 212 Captiva Liberty Edition

Comments

• randy56randy56 Member Posts: 4,083 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Last year I installed a second bimini, which changed the way the cover fit, took it to local trim shop and had in modified. Making my own marks to tell them where to cut and add snaps. 
    If that foldable tower was an add on, chances are know one will understand how to make one for you. 
    Boat Name : 

• Robs_232Robs_232 Member Posts: 212 ✭✭✭

I just bought a custom fit cover by Carver from Boat Covers Direct. They have different brands and different materials to choose from. My cover with Sunbrella fabric will be here tomorrow.

https://www.boatcoversdirect.com/products/boat_covers/

• kleakekleake Member Posts: 19 ✭✭
    I'll look into those.  My foldable tower is an add on, but it's mounting points are very close to the RX1 factory tower so a cover made to fit the RX1 would likely fit this setup, or at least I am hoping.
    2004 212 Captiva Liberty Edition