Options

2004 Rinker 342 w/8.1 inboard tunnel drives?

rmrider03rmrider03 Member Posts: 2
Hello,
I am about to buy a 2004 342 FV with 8.1's and tunnel drive inboards. Anyone had any experience or thoughts on this boat, with or without the inboards, any problems or issues people have had? Also, does anyone know anything about the performance of the tunnel drives on a rinker? Thanks.
Post edited by rmrider03 on

Comments

• Options
    explore7425explore7425 Member Posts: 150 ✭✭✭
    I used  to have an 04 342 with out-drives (Bravo 3). When I was in the process of buying I read a test article about it. All it said was that the in boards are slower and use more fuel but they handled better in close quarters. I'm sure you could find it on Boat Test or something. 
    Bella Sabrina II  370EC
  • Options
    Black_DiamondBlack_Diamond Member Posts: 5,439 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I do not remember them being tunnel drives, just inboards.

Past owner of a 2003 342FV
    PC BYC, Holland, MI
  • Options
    Dream_InnDream_Inn Member, Moderator Posts: 7,559 mod
    I would definitely make sure you can work in the engine room (if you do your own work - well even if you don't, it may cost more if it's tight)

Dream 'Inn III -- 2008 400 Express

• Options
    raybo3raybo3 Administrator Posts: 5,459 admin
    I had inboards on my Carver. Inboards handle very different than outdrives. Pro and cons for each. The biggest pro's for inboards is almost no maintentance and controll when docking. Cons high speed handling is not as good. Outdrive pros handling at high speed. Gas use is better. Can raise outdrives in low water. Cons $$$$$$ on service and maintentance..... Hope this helps a little. Good luck and keep us posted....
    2002 342 Fiesta Vee PC Point Of Pines YC Revere MA. popyc.org     raybo3@live.com