Tender Size

tazataza Member Posts: 64 ✭✭
What size tender for a 280 Express ?  advice.
 2adults

Cheers

Comments

• luvinlifeluvinlife Member Posts: 501 ✭✭✭
    there is a great deal at West Marine through today on their PRU3 dinghy at 599 dollars, typically it's 899. It's 8 ft 6 and holds over 900 pounds. Worth a look. 
  • J3ffJ3ff Member Posts: 4,054 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2017
    I've been looking for a deal on a dinghy... hmmmm

Currently have two, one inflatable with a leak and can't find oars for and then a fiberglass one that's a PITA to bring anywhere. 

Ps. looks like this was 499 on blackfriday, so not a bad price at all. 
  • tazataza Member Posts: 64 ✭✭
    Thanks for the replies, but I live in the UK :(
  • pault1216pault1216 Member Posts: 206 ✭✭✭
    edited March 2017
    4 person Solstice $399  West Marine (in USA) served me well on my FV270. You could haul it up and strap it down on the fore deck for transport. Paddles or I used a 54 pound thrust electric trolling motor with a small AGM deep cycle battery. Lasted 6 seasons. No hard bottom to scratch your boat. Used it to take the dog to shore. -Paul
  • Black_DiamondBlack_Diamond Member Posts: 5,439 ✭✭✭✭✭
    You would like a tender at or slightly less longer than your beam.  The full air type (airdeck floor) have the bonus of no hard surface for scratching a deck as noted, unless you have it on a davit off the swim platform.  Take a look at the AL brand (sold world wide)..the RIB 'light' model with the aluminum hull can weigh less than an airdeck type!  More money though.

Hypalon is the better material if you get a RIB/Inflatable, it survives the sun (PVC is your other choice).  Will set you back x2 the cost typically.  UV rays kill the PVC type.

Past owner of a 2003 342FV
    PC BYC, Holland, MI