05 Rinker Fiesta Vee 300, battery switches

dropoutdropout Member Posts: 138 ✭✭✭

New boat to me and trying to figure out what runs what. 2 battery switches and 3 batteries.

Also what to leave on when im not on the boat, turn both battery switches off?

How about when anchored, turn off one of the battery switches?

1 battery for each engine and 1 for the house?

Comments

• BabyboomerBabyboomer Member Posts: 918 mod

Slip 866 Sunset Marina Byrdstown Tn
  • BabyboomerBabyboomer Member Posts: 918 mod
    edited May 2013
    This link will explain the switch. I leave it on both or all when away I run on #1 and switch to #2 when on the hook that way I always have a fresh battery. Probably your #1 is both engine batteries & #2 is your house battery which should be a deep cycle 27 or larger for lights stereo fridge etc That's the way I do it.

Slip 866 Sunset Marina Byrdstown Tn
  • MarcdohcMarcdohc Member Posts: 58 ✭✭
    Howdy Dropout, I just bought an 05 300 FV too. I moved up from a 266. Have you opened up your engines yet? Just curios of your top speed.
    I need some clarifying on this myself. The 300 has 2 round switches side by side. Each engine is powerd by 1 of the switches. If 1 switch is off 1 of the engines wont start. Of the 3 batterys 1 of them is a house battery. and..... anybody?
  • Dream_InnDream_Inn Member, Moderator Posts: 7,552 mod
    edited June 2013
    Marc, not sure what you are asking.  Each of the round switches should be for each of the engines (starting batteries) and each operate one battery & emergency allowing the two to connect together for a "jump" start.  You may have a small switch (looks like a light switch) that is for the house battery (deep cycle).  Not sure if that helps?

Dream 'Inn III -- 2008 400 Express

• dropoutdropout Member Posts: 138 ✭✭✭
    Marcdohc said:
    Howdy Dropout, I just bought an 05 300 FV too. I moved up from a 266. Have you opened up your engines yet? Just curios of your top speed.
    I have not opened them up yet, I'll keep you posed....congrats on the Rinker!
  • dropoutdropout Member Posts: 138 ✭✭✭
    Dream_Inn said:
    Marc, not sure what you are asking.  Each of the round switches should be for each of the engines (starting batteries) and each operate one battery & emergency allowing the two to connect together for a "jump" start.  You may have a small switch (looks like a light switch) that is for the house battery (deep cycle).  Not sure if that helps?
    Thanks, that makes sense I'll give it a try.
    Ok, your right. There are 2 switches that look like light switches beetween the battery shutoff switches. They're labeled cabin power and helm power although the labels are barely legible. Thanks for the tip, I figured they were breakers.
    So when Im on the hook does it matter if the starting batterys are on or off? I think they're isolated from the house battery. Whats your thoughts?