Options

She is back in the water. I am ready for Summer.

davidbrooksdavidbrooks Member Posts: 1,344 ✭✭✭✭
Eat your heart out fellas.  She is back in the water and I spent the weekend going through all the systems, dewinterizing and cleaning up.  Changed the oil in both engines, had to get back into the generator.  Guess I ddn't get the impeller cover on right the first time and it was still tough to get started.  Had to replace the water system fresh water pump.  It died over the winter.  Pumped for a min and then just hummed and got hot....real hot.  Which being right next to a fuel line.  Not good.  Put in new nav lights.  That was fun.  Almost had to tear apart the bow to get to the wires.  They were too short to get to through the anchor locker opening.  I can feel that wiring job being re done soon. 

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1NhTQQqFItlXHHKHyM8tWXp1tjIjJLNHLEQ/view?usp=sharing

But she is all systems go, clean and one step away from a stocked bar.  Oh one thing I did notice.  Windshield wiper motors seem to be dying and look like all kinds of fun to replace.  Do you have to take down the cabin headliner to get to them?
It's 5 O'Clock Somewhere!

Comments

• Options
    craigswardmtbcraigswardmtb Member Posts: 1,015 ✭✭✭
    I keep a good coat of rainx on the windshield and haven't worried about those crumby wipers in years. Happy Boating and here's to a minimal boat buck season!
  • Options
    davidbrooksdavidbrooks Member Posts: 1,344 ✭✭✭✭
    Thanks @craigswardmtb I saw that post and put it on my list.
    It's 5 O'Clock Somewhere!
  • Options
    randy56randy56 Member Posts: 4,083 ✭✭✭✭✭
    You guy's are making me jealous, My docks do not go back in the water till two weeks before Memorial Day, 
    Boat Name : 

• Options
    rasburyrasbury Member Posts: 8,238 ✭✭✭✭✭
    We are out today and have been for the weekend- realm nice mild weather. Supposed to be looking at 90 this week, summer sure is hear!
  • Options
    Liberty44140Liberty44140 Member Posts: 4,329 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Looks great! Love the rainex ideas, I almost feel like the wipers are there for show. 
    07' Cruisers 390 (Previous Rinker's: 06' 342EC & 01' 310FV)

• Options
    Cableguy GregCableguy Greg Member Posts: 5,012 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I just got mine uncovered today. Unfortunately I had to send my lower unit out for repair to get the carrier bearing housing replaced. Darn corrosion... I figured get it now before it fails mid summer. Our docks don't go out for another two weeks here in Pittsburgh. My thought was try and get a jump on the buff and wax while the weather is nice.

Enjoy stocking that bar @davidbrooks . Have a cold one on the water for all of us!
    2008 280 Express Cruiser, 6.2MPI, B3, Pittsburgh, PA "Blue Ayes"
    Go Steelers!!!
  • Options
    Dream_InnDream_Inn Member, Moderator Posts: 7,558 mod
    I use rainex as well, but the wipers are good for that time here and there you get a wave splash over the bow.  Especially for us David, with that brackish water. 

I'm dying to get back in the water!  I've always been the first in my marina, but I'm sure I won't be this year.  Maybe Friday will be my happy day!

Dream 'Inn III -- 2008 400 Express