Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Rinker 342 Stereo and CD Changer removal

brandonmayberrybrandonmayberry Southern IllinoisPosts: 183Member ✭✭
I have a 2002 Rinker 342. I cannot for the life of me figure out how to access the area where the cd changer and stereo are at. It would make sense that the piece of wood, in the top of the cabinet where the tv usually sits, would be able to just drop down but its does not seem that way. Any insight is appreciated. Thanks!

Comments

• hpdsgt49hpdsgt49 Posts: 3Member ✭✭
    Help.  Can't figure out how to remove stereo or CD Changer either!

• Black_DiamondBlack_Diamond Holland, MichiganPosts: 4,359Member ✭✭✭✭✭
    You need the metal parts that slide between the radio and the housing. I would check with Kenwood (or whoever made it) or an auto stereo shop for them. 

2003 342FV "Black Diamond", 350 MAG MPI, 20P 4x4 Props, PC BYC, Holland, MI
  • Handymans342Handymans342 Posts: 6,935Member ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2017
    I looked inside my storage unit and it looks easy to remove some screws and remove the inner upper panel.
  • StodgeStodge Lake St. ClairPosts: 2,065Member ✭✭✭✭
    I had to remove some screws from under the unit, access was from the TV storage area.  I was replacing the stereo anyway with a newer Kenwood which came with the "keys" that help pop it out.  Having that out is the other part of the puzzle.  I recall I had to remove screws from the sides of the unit too.  But only after the screws below came out.  I have a 12V BluRay player in place of the CD player now.

2002 FV 342 on Lake St. Clair - Past Commodore SHC - Vessel Examiner USCGAUX

• Cableguy GregCableguy Greg Pittsburgh, PAPosts: 3,624Member ✭✭✭✭✭
    Stodge said:
    I have a 12V BluRay player in place of the CD player now.
    Where did you find that? What brand/model is it?
    2008 280 Express Cruiser, 6.2MPI, B3, Pittsburgh, PA
    Go Steelers!!!
  • brandonmayberrybrandonmayberry Southern IllinoisPosts: 183Member ✭✭
    The CD Changer has screws under it, but also screws holding it from the sides that i cannot access. I will have to look at the CD Player and see if i can remove it easily. I dont want to screw it up as its still in good shape and works perfect.
    @Cableguy Greg  On Amazon, 

Autopro din size in dash Blu-Ray Player with USB, SD(SDHC)

@brandonmayberry.  Remove the stereo.  Remove the lower CD player screws from TV area.  Slide/rotate the CD player to you can reach the sides from the stereo opening and or front opening and remove the side screws.