Options

2006 320 Salon - Galley Table and Bed

BizmarkBizmark Member Posts: 53 ✭✭
Hello all/ this is my first post on the forum...be kind. We recently bought a 2006 320EC which we plan to run around the Georgian Bay- Port Severn Area ASWP. My question is about the Salon - Galley Table and Bed. Re:the table- has anyone except the kids ever fit behind the table. 11' 4" beam and no one can use the galley table for anything more than laying out the buffet. I couldn't find any posts about how others resolved this space constraint issue.
 Also, when converting the bench to the bed,  four bars flip out to hold the required cushion, but the centre two bars don't extend out like I would think they should. Are there extensions for the bars that I am missing or does a piece of plywood sit on the bars to support the cushion?

Comments

• Options
    ApriceAprice Member Posts: 125 ✭✭
    The table itself supports the cushion. As for adding space I haven't seen anything yet. Good luck. 
    Anthony Price 
    The Price is Right
    MacRay Harbor, Harrison Twp., MI 
  • Options
    StodgeStodge Member Posts: 2,738 ✭✭✭✭
    Welcome aboard @Bizmark.  Sounds like a nice boat, but I don't know about a solution for you.  We'll be up in your neck of the wood this August (if the boat stays healthy).  Looking forward to seeing the area.

2002 FV 342 on Lake St. Clair - Past Commodore SHC - Vessel Examiner USCGAUX

• Options
    Liberty44140Liberty44140 Member Posts: 4,330 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hello - I had a 310 which I think is very similar to a 320 but with a smaller swim platform. As noted above, the table goes on top of those 4 arm supports and then the cushion goes on the table. That makes it in to a bed (remove the table leg). From a room standpoint we always had plenty of room for 4 of us to sit around the table and cocktail/snack. My wife and I sat around the table down below many a night. 
    07' Cruisers 390 (Previous Rinker's: 06' 342EC & 01' 310FV)

• Options
    Dream_InnDream_Inn Member, Moderator Posts: 7,561 mod
    I'm with Liberty, on our previous older model 310 (same as 312/320), we could fit 4 at the table.  Note, when table is down and cushion on top, it will be tipsy.  To solve this, you can put something non-slip around those 4 bars.  Trying to remember what people have used (maybe small piece of old garden hose?)

Dream 'Inn III -- 2008 400 Express

• Options
    summerxsummerx Member Posts: 211 ✭✭✭
    we fit 4 around our table as well every morning.
    to reply to Dreams point about the nonslip part on the bars, our previous owner had bicycle grips on them and it works great.
  • Options
    edited March 2017
    love the hose/grips idea. We rarely put the table down on our 342 but when we did it left some marks on the bottom of the wood table. Cant see them but still not happy with the marks. Will cut some hose pieces this summer. 

• Options
    bella-vitabella-vita Member Posts: 411 ✭✭✭
    Whenever we use the bed table ends falling in the night,and and one of the kids end up on floor been putting a cooler under their to stop it from falling.gonna have to try the rubber on the bars 
    2002 Rinker FV 342
  • Options
    BizmarkBizmark Member Posts: 53 ✭✭
    Thanks for the welcome Stodge and the great/quick responses, everyone.           I am going to love this place. Just told my wife I was going to read the Forum...she got the wrong idea; go figure!
    Yeah that's what happened. I tried the table top. It was tight and immediately scratched the bottom of the table. It's too nice of a table to damage. I will try some clear silicone tape I picked up at the TO boat show.
    Stodge right now the boat is at Luken Marine down your way. Plan to do some Water trials the first two weekends in May on your waters before heading to Driftwood Cove in Port Severn for the May two-four.
    Thanks eveyone
  • Options
    summerxsummerx Member Posts: 211 ✭✭✭
    I wonder if you don't have the original table, but maybe a replacement that is bigger than came with the boat?  just a thought.
  • Options
    frodo13056frodo13056 Member Posts: 212 ✭✭✭
    Had the same issue with my 320 - originally, I covered the supports with duct tape which worked pretty well. Last season, I scrapped the duct tape and all the tape mess and now use 3/4 or maybe 1/2 "  pipe insulation "covers" to prevent scratching of the bottom of my wood table. But, as lots of folks have mentioned, we had the same issue with the table / cushion sliding off the supports. So, I made a 2" wide webbing strap with velcro sewed onto the ends, screwed the center of the length of webbing under the storage area (under the seating) and simply strap the table / cushion into place when we use it. It keeps the table and cushion from sliding and is very secure. I don't have any pictures of the setup but I am planning on being at the boat next week and can get a few pictures if you want to see how I did it. 
  • Options
    Would like to see that @frodo13056