Options

Dead house battery

MarcdohcMarcdohc Member Posts: 58 ✭✭
I have a 2005 300 FV, When I leave the boat at its slip I shut both battery switches off as well as all switches in the control cabinet. After two or three days the house battery is always dead or close to it. The one thing that that I found that stays on even if the switches are off is the dash clock. Well I clipped the wires and installed wire nuts. That didn't solve it. Any ideas?

Comments

• Options
    Dream_InnDream_Inn Member, Moderator Posts: 7,562 mod
    CO detectors also pull power.  & if your genny is digital, it pulls a little as well if left in remote mode.  Bilge pump will run as well.  Do you not have shore power to plug in and keep charger going?

Dream 'Inn III -- 2008 400 Express

• Options
    raybo3raybo3 Administrator Posts: 5,460 admin
    How about a stuck bilge pump switch???? Or maybe a refridge?????
    2002 342 Fiesta Vee PC Point Of Pines YC Revere MA. popyc.org     raybo3@live.com
  • Options
    BabyboomerBabyboomer Member Posts: 918 mod
    Mercathode  also pulls power

Slip 866 Sunset Marina Byrdstown Tn
  • Options
    MarcdohcMarcdohc Member Posts: 58 ✭✭
    No shore power. There are no bilge pump noises and the CO detectors are AA batteries. I will check to see if one of the fridges is staying on. The genny is a Kohler 5e that has a start button on the pannel in the cabin as well as one on the genny. Actaully I have never heard the bilge pumps come on by       themselves.
  • Options
    Black_DiamondBlack_Diamond Member Posts: 5,439 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Your Mercathode will drain your batteries as noted. If you are in the water, it is on.

Past owner of a 2003 342FV
    PC BYC, Holland, MI