Is anyone using the Blue Seas System e series battery switch?

Mercury2005Mercury2005 Member Posts: 141 ✭✭
I pickup up a Blue Sea System e-series manual battery switch and was wondering if anyone else has installed one?
My original battery switch has positive wires attached to both battery wires and those wires route to the switch panel for other operations.  I would like to wire the new switch so that everything is off when the switch is in the off position, EXCEPT for the bilge pump.
Any insight on this from anyone?

Comments

• Cableguy GregCableguy Greg Member Posts: 5,011 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have one on my 280EC and it was factory installed. I like the idea of having a switch that is off-on-combine.
    2008 280 Express Cruiser, 6.2MPI, B3, Pittsburgh, PA "Blue Ayes"
    Go Steelers!!!
  • Mercury2005Mercury2005 Member Posts: 141 ✭✭
    Greg, is your boat a single engine?  I would love to see a pic of the back of your switch panel to see how it is wired up.
  • Robs_232Robs_232 Member Posts: 212 ✭✭✭

I added a second battery to my 232 and put BSS 9001e switch plus BSS Automatic Charging Relay (SI-ACR) that charges both batteries whether using one or both batteries. Overkill on a 232 but dread a low battery while on the water. Doing this will isolate a battery that is low on voltage and lock it out from draining the other battery.

I also have a portable battery charge pack. Having portable battery charge pack on a boat, you need to make sure it's charged up or its worthless. Just another battery to keep charged. With battery switch and ACR I know I have a battery that is charged. I also added the LED light on dash that let's me know if I have a battery issue while running engine.

• rasburyrasbury Member Posts: 8,230 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nice, no juice on the water is no fun..
  • reneechris14reneechris14 Member Posts: 3,134 ✭✭✭✭✭
    The mercathode needs power all the time.if you can trun your refrigerator off Thier should not be much draw other wise.
    2005 Rinker FV342  Pawcatuck river,Ct
  • Cableguy GregCableguy Greg Member Posts: 5,011 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Greg, is your boat a single engine?  I would love to see a pic of the back of your switch panel to see how it is wired up.
    Yes, it is a single engine. The battery panel wiring is like this...

2008 280 Express Cruiser, 6.2MPI, B3, Pittsburgh, PA "Blue Ayes"
    Go Steelers!!!
  • Mercury2005Mercury2005 Member Posts: 141 ✭✭
    Greg, thanks for the diagram.  The only difference I see between  your diagram and the diagram from BSS is BSS has the battery wires attached to the lower terminals, not the top.  I wonder why.