New Cockpit Fridge options

JLASJLAS Member Posts: 26 ✭✭
Well.... it's time to accept that the cockpit fridge on my 06-320 is dead.  I plugged it in and will not make a single noise nor gets cold. Any options I may want to check before I look for a replacement? Yes, the breakers are "on" :-)

Also, does anyone know the model #?  I know the brand is Domestic. Has anyone replaced the unit? If so, what are good options out there that would fit in the same space?

Thanks, guys!

Comments

• Liberty44140Liberty44140 Member Posts: 4,374 ✭✭✭✭✭
    How long did you leave it before pronouncing dead? These things usually have timed cycles. I almost pronounced my ice maker dead as it did nothing for 10 or 15 min, then it came to life. I'd leave it for an hour or so just to make sure. 
    07' Cruisers 390 (Previous Rinker's: 06' 342EC & 01' 310FV)

• StodgeStodge Member Posts: 2,738 ✭✭✭✭
    I just replaced my galley fridge with a Vitrifrigo 4.2CU (no freezer)  unit.  Looking forward to trying it out.  The brand came highly recommended.   http://www.vfamerica.com/eng/index.html

2002 FV 342 on Lake St. Clair - Past Commodore SHC - Vessel Examiner USCGAUX

• JLASJLAS Member Posts: 26 ✭✭
    @Liberty44140  A few hours. I checked it again this morning and nothing. No noise no nothing. The back doesn't look rusty and everything seems to be connected. 

Thanks, Stodge. I will check the website out. I wish could find a perfect fit so don't have to modify the fiber glass. Is that too much wishful thinking?