Tags

Cableguy GregCableguy Greg Member Posts: 5,011 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited April 2017 in Rinker Support Q&A
Mods, when starting a thread there is a dialog box for "Tags". Is there a way that we can add tags to that, or are they just preset? An example would be a tag of "342". If you were starting a discussion pertaining to a 342, you could use that tag. It might make searching easier. I am curious as to how they work. I have tried adding tags in the past and it has never worked.
2008 280 Express Cruiser, 6.2MPI, B3, Pittsburgh, PA "Blue Ayes"
Go Steelers!!!
Post edited by Dream_Inn on
Tagged:

Comments

• Dream_InnDream_Inn Member, Moderator Posts: 7,552 mod
    edited April 2017
    Hmmm, I just tagged this discussion as Rinker 342.  Looks like it took.  I guess it's possible to use them and help with searches.  It shows up on the left hand side column under tags.

Dream 'Inn III -- 2008 400 Express

• raybo3raybo3 Administrator Posts: 5,455 admin
    I have an e-mail into Adrian from Vanilla to explain "tags" and how to use them. He usually gets right back to me. Also anyone notice the forum "acting" a little strange lately?????
    2002 342 Fiesta Vee PC Point Of Pines YC Revere MA. popyc.org     raybo3@live.com
    I heard back from Adrian and this is his reply:
    Hi Ray,

Thanks for the question. Tags are used to help the poster add relevant keywords, to make discovery easier of the content for the community and search engines. You can control who can add tags too.
    2002 342 Fiesta Vee PC Point Of Pines YC Revere MA. popyc.org     raybo3@live.com
  • jme097jme097 Member Posts: 1,224 ✭✭✭
    Look at that. Now that is service lol
    Boat Name: Knot A Worry
    2007 280 Rinker Express 6.2L B3
  • Cableguy GregCableguy Greg Member Posts: 5,011 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I tried to add "stain" to an earlier post and it wouldn't take. @Dream_Inn , since you are a Mod, you might be able to do it but others can't.
    Go Steelers!!!
    Greg, I added Stain to it as a tag.  I would think Ray or I would be able to allow the creator of the post to also be able to add a tag.  We'll look into it.

Awesome! Thank you!!!
    Go Steelers!!!
    Hmmm, I didn't see anywhere that I can change whom can post tags.  Greg, are you sure you are not able to edit your own post and add a tag to it?  I would think at the beginning of the post the tag section would allow one to put something in it.

I have tried multiple times when starting a thread and it kicks it back.
    Go Steelers!!!

@raybo3 I don't see under dashboards the section we can change this.  here is a link of how to do it...

https://blog.vanillaforums.com/help/how-to-use-tags-tagging-in-your-vanilla-community/

Maybe our admin has to do it?

DI we dont have permission to make those changes. I have been e-mailing Adrian back and forth. 
  • randy56randy56 Member Posts: 4,083 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ray yes forum has been goofy, at first I though it was my PC.
    Boat Name : 

Yeah I e-mailed Vanilla and they said its a "flood control" issue. Again something the Mod's have no control over. I think this is something that they fixed. I have noticed anything since I emailed them.