Options

Outlet voltage

browncbr1browncbr1 Member Posts: 55 ✭✭
It seems there is a possibility that we aren't getting enough or unstable power. Our tv sound goes in and out. When I plug it in at home, it's fine. I haven't tested with a voltmeter yet, but wondering if anyone else has had this issue.

Comments

• Options
    OldDogNewTrixOldDogNewTrix Member Posts: 166 ✭✭✭
    Are you sure it's not a reception issue?
    Wayne '09 340 EC
  • Options
    raybo3raybo3 Administrator Posts: 5,461 admin
    You need to check with a multi-meter and see what is going on. Could be a number of things. Did you try a different outlet on the boat????
    2002 342 Fiesta Vee PC Point Of Pines YC Revere MA. popyc.org     raybo3@live.com
  • Options
    It isn't a reception issue because we were playing a DVD (the TV has a buiilt in DVD)... 
    I did not try another outlet though... next time i'm there, i'm going to take my multimeter and see what kind of voltage is coming out of each outlet and i'll post my findings back here. 

• Options
    BabyboomerBabyboomer Member Posts: 918 mod
    I'd also check my shore power plugs for signs of arcing

Slip 866 Sunset Marina Byrdstown Tn
  • Options
    the shore power plugs are very clean,, i'm wondering if it had to do with the battery charger... i had the battery charger switched on while we were trying to operate the TV...   there is no problems with the radio or anything else... it might be that this TV operates on a narrow nominal voltage... 
  • Options
    Black_DiamondBlack_Diamond Member Posts: 5,439 ✭✭✭✭✭
    There have been discussions about undersized wire used on some boats. Volt meter is #1 check at the outlet. Then at the shore power.

Past owner of a 2003 342FV
    PC BYC, Holland, MI
  • Options
    TonyWalkerTonyWalker Member Posts: 744 ✭✭✭

Sounds strange indeed.  I  would not rule out interference from some source on the boat.  You might try turning everything on the boat except for theTV off and seeing if there is any difference.  Including the refrigerators etc.  If that makes the difference, all you then need to do it to hunt it down.

Tony

Salt Shaker 342