Options

Looking for sea trial advice

vifor2476vifor2476 Member Posts: 10
Hello to everyone. I'm new on this forum and on boating also. I decide to buy a boat after getting few times on the river with friends.
So, I have the sea trial on beginning of May and if is possible to have some advice on what to ask the seller, were to pay more attention, or how to check some important things, please. 
About the boat it is 2008 Rinker 260 EC. I did an general inspection by myself (as in the cars) and everything looks good. Did not start the engine yet
Every advice will really appreciate, thank you in advance.
Post edited by vifor2476 on

Comments

• Options
    Cableguy GregCableguy Greg Member Posts: 5,013 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Since there aren't many surveyors in the Pittsburgh area, you are kind of on your own. Make sure the engine gets up to temperature and the batteries are charging via the volt meter on the dash. Make sure you are able to get the boat on plane with yourself, the seller and one or two others on board. That boat should have a 350MAG in her so she should get up pretty good. Make sure the trim tabs work. Check for any soft spots in the bow area by walking across.

Does that boat have a white hull with blue striping and a gray cockpit cover?

Good luck and welcome aboard. I am sure others will chime in as well. If you get the boat, have @JonnyM add you to the local group.
    2008 280 Express Cruiser, 6.2MPI, B3, Pittsburgh, PA "Blue Ayes"
    Go Steelers!!!
  • Options
    edited April 2017
    Yes,is 350 mag
  • Options
    Cableguy GregCableguy Greg Member Posts: 5,013 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nice looking boat. Make sure the AC/Heat also works. If you get it, we will have to meet up sometime. I am at the Crows Nest. Where are you thinking about docking her?
    2008 280 Express Cruiser, 6.2MPI, B3, Pittsburgh, PA "Blue Ayes"
    Go Steelers!!!
  • Options
    edited April 2017
    Thank you, I'm just afraid about missing something during sea trial.